Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mixed Media Collaborative Project

Last Friday, I had a ‘play date’ with my good friend Tee.  I had decided before she got here that we needed to play around with mixed media and canvas.  Of course, Tee happily obliged.. and off we went!  Although we initially began working on two separate canvases, we soon discovered that it was much more fun to work together on one. 

We did not start with a vision, but rather bits and remnants left over from stamped projects, punches, buttons, ribbons, etc, we happily worked away the day, allowing the canvas to evolve… until the buzzer went off, which meant Tee had to go pick up her kids from school :(

Are you ready to see our collaborative mixed media canvas collage?  Here you go!

teensharoncollabproj510mm

It’s kind of like a Stampin’ Up! where’s waldo project.. or highlights for Stampin’ Up! fans, isn’t it?

Can you find and name the images, punches, dsp, etc. used in this project?  Isn’t it fun?

I just happened to have some magic mesh in my stash… (remember when we carried magic mesh in bronze, silver and gold?)  The “Flower Fancy” image was a reject from one of the card projects I had made for the royal blog tour, the Charming images were something I had been playing round with… and the bird and branch punches were leftover from Valentines’ Day… can you believe that?  Bits, beads, buttons and baubles… pearls, punches, Designer Papers and wet/dry sand paper, all rolled into one unique canvas and piece of art!

I sent Tee home with our finished projects… and you can visit her blog HERE.  I am so jazzed and inspired that I’m going to sit down and make one by myself in the coming week.  I have an idea in my head, but who knows what it will evolve into!

Have you signed up for next Saturday’s One Sheet Wonder class?  It’s always so much fun, and a great way to build up your card stash… hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Ret said...

hmmmmmmm, didn't even know I liked mixed media cards, but I guess I do, Sharon, cuz I reallllly like this one!!! woohooo You too are so clever, it's really awesome!

Firenze said...

Wow I love it! Canvases make wonderful gifts too. TFS!
Helen -- Firenze Cards

Sharon said...

Thanks Ladies.. I'll soon be offering mixed media classes here too.. great escapes for creative mom's!

Trish Hughes said...

very pretty, love both the butterfly and bird!!! thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish