Saturday, May 15, 2010

Featured Stamper and For Our Soldiers… a special card

As we approach the Memorial Day Holiday, I pause to remember, pray, and appreciate our soldiers.  Having come from a military family, I have personal knowledge of the sacrifices and trials these families face…. With a son in the US Air Force, I also share the trepidation and sorrows many face as their loved ones are deployed.

Today’s card is a celebration for our hero’s… those men and women who leave their loved ones behind to fight for our freedom.  Featuring a variety of current card stocks and stamps (Flores Suaves, dotted, priceless, and Watercolor Trio)… and of course stars resembling our nation in red, white and blue… and a sincere and heartfelt thank you to all those who have served in this era and in the past!

formysoldier

If you are making cards for soldiers, be sure to leave them GLITTER-FREE… dazzling diamonds unfortunately, are very reflective in a night scope!

As my DH would say… change the channel…

I forgot to mention that this past week, I was fortunate and blessed enough to be the Featured Stampers on Utah Diva’s International!  Wow!!  No, I’m not from Utah… (but my son happens to be stationed there at the moment).  I am constantly admiring the creative talent shared on the blog… so it is a very special occasion that they have featured me along with other very creative divas!  Take a peek and visit the Utah Divas International Blog >>HERE<<.  Be sure to leave a comment, and let them know I sent you to visit :)

Hugs to all those soldiers out there… and to all of you!

Pin It!

12 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a wonderful card. I saw it somewhere in my surfing yesterday and never really looked at it so I didn't know it was yours - should have known! :))))) I really need to get involved in sending more cards to the military. Thanks for the encouragement.

lisa808 said...

Congrats on being a featured stamper. I'm off to check it out.

Donna said...

Your featured card is wonderfully different! Congratulations!

Audrey Pettit said...

Very pretty and patriotic card. I really like the row of 3 stars with the stamped flourish. Thanks for joining us this week in the Shabby Tea Room.

Nicole said...

Beautiful card for our "flag" challenge! Love those stars, the layout, love it all! Thank you to your son for serving our country!! My brother is in the Air Force as well, currently in Germany, so this challenge hits close to home as well! Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

Dru said...

Hi Sharon - great card, love all the mix of papers and textures. I am not from a military family, and I only know of one soldier through a blogging frined, however I do so appreciate all those serving at home and other countries as well as the families of those soldiers who give so much.

Debbie said...

Wonderful take on this week's stars & stripes challenge! Congras on being first! So glad you joined us in the Tea Room this week :)

Tammy said...

Beautiful Patriot card! I love the layout and the stars! Thanks for playing along at OWH S&S!
Tammy

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What an awesome card, it's perfect for this challenge and going to be so appreciated by the lucky recipient!

helloholley said...

You did a great job on this card and congrats on being a featured stamper!!! ;)

Our Little Inspirations said...

Congrats for being a featured stamper and this card is just amazing with beautiful details!!

Brenda said...

Great card.