Friday, May 21, 2010

DivaIC96 Challenge – Red/Black/White

Taking a tiny break from butterflies to participate in the Utah Divas International Inspiration Challenge this week.  The challenge was inspired by a Red, Black and White Rummy Board as seen here:

Diva_IC_96_on_Createdbyu

When I looked at the rummy board, I saw intersections, texture, hearts and clovers… of course there is a lot more than that going on…

Here is my card for the challenge, using the Stampin’ Up! Beautiful Blooms Stamp set with a little help from Tiny Tags too!

1P5200045cbyu510

The background Basic Black Cardstock was run through the Big Shot Machine using the Finial Press Textured Embossing Folder… Then, using my Versa Mark Ink pad, I inked and embossed with Black Embossing Powder to give it a shiny textural effect.

The poppy was painted with my aqua painter and Riding Hood Red Classic Ink.  Two additional images were stamped and pieces of the image were cut out and layered together using Tombow Multi Adhesive AND Stampin’ Dimensionals as well.  Here is a close up of the poppy:

2P5200047cbyu510

When coloring images with an aqua painter, allowing the ink to completely dry between applications will allow you to achieve a darker hue of the color you are using.

Hope you liked today’s DivaIC96 challenge card, and that you’ll take a moment to visit my friends at Utah Divas International.

Tomorrow I’ll have a drawing for the Butterfly Birthday card featured in THIS post earlier this week… and a new tutorial using guess what…

                 BUTTERFLIES!!!

Hope you’ll stop by to see if you won, and to check out the new tutorial too!  Have a really great day!

I’ve got a tiny favor to ask today too.. please keep my DD and her three German girlfriends in your prayers for the next few days… as they visit Phuket, Thailand.  My husband and I are encouraging them to change their plans and travel further south to Malaysia… and then return through Bangkok again to attend the university in China.  Hopefully they will listen to all our prayers!

Hugs,

Pin It!

5 comments:

carolm said...

your card is gorgeous sharon. great job. glad you played with the inspiration this week. xoxo

Shari Winterstein said...

Stunning - I think you should send it to me - just kidding! I like your idea of embossing the black piece. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

lisa808 said...

Beautiful coloring. Cute idea with the little tags. Hope all goes well with your daughter and her friends.

Sandy said...

One Word, Gorgeous!!!!

Maria Williams :) said...

Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along this week!