Monday, May 17, 2010

Butterflies.. Outside the Box

Ahh.. had some quality stampin’ time today… and I made a LOT of butterfly cards.  And now I must decide which one is my favorite… decisions, decisions… Does that ever happen to you?

I came across a (new to me) challenge blog this morning called Sisterhood of Scraps… I use challenge blogs sometimes to get my creative juices flowing.  The Sisterhood of Scraps Blog Challenge this morning was to make a predominately brown card… and my first butterfly card was born… I think this card would be great for a guy too, don’t you think?

outsidetheboxbflycbyu517

The two side butterfly images were stamped and masked ‘outside the box’… After masking the stamped image, I stamped the script and trimmed so that the wings fell outside the box, flowing onto the brushed gold cardstock.

In a similar fashion, the larger butterfly from the Flores Suaves stamp set was stamped, masked and stamped again with En Francais.  As a final touch the butterflies were painted with an aqua brush and Apricot Appeal Classic Ink.  Letting the cardstock completely dry, a second coat of ink was painted onto the butterflies to deepen the hue.  A white Signo Gel Pen was used to highlight the spots on the butterflies and make them stand out a bit more.

Stampin’ Up! Supplies:

Card Stock:  Brushed Gold, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand

Classic Inks:  Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Apricot Appeal

Stamps:  Flores Suaves, All A Flutter, Bloomin Beautiful, En Francais, Thank You Kindly

I’ll share some more butterfly cards tomorrow.. hope you’ll stop by and check them out!

Hugs,

Pin It!

6 comments:

Nancy Horn said...

fabulous card - I love butterflies and what you have done with them :)

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Lovely... LOVE butterflies..or can't you tell.. from the cards I did!! still haven't gotten the All a Flutter!! Maybe I'll order it this week. Love the colors.. so soft and subtle and CLASSY!!!

lisa808 said...

Great card layout. I like the 'outside the box' butterflies.

Patricia Gessner said...

Really pretty card and so clever, too. Will have to try this for sure!!!!!

Janet Sanii said...

Sharon,

I have to tell you that I LOVE your cards!! They are so inspiring! I love seeing emails from you on the group and checking out your blog.

Thanks!!

Susan said...

Sharon, I really love this one. I actually forgot I have the Flores Suaves set. Will have to pull it out now.