Thursday, April 8, 2010

Winged Flight Special Birthday

Last week, one of my customers called me and asked if I would help design a special card for her granddaughters’ 13th birthday.  As always, my response was “But of course!!!”  We set a design date…

A few days later, she called me from the hospital emergency room to tell me she wasn’t able to make our arranged appointment.  I asked a few questions, made sure she was ok :) and told her I’d design something very special in time for the big birthday date.

This is a card for Marina… she turned 13 on Sunday, and was also going to take her very first airplane flight.  Not having an airplane stamp at hand, I did what I thought was the next best thing… butterflies from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit!

0410wk1 CreatedByU 003

The final card, done in typical girly pinks and purples featured a winged embossed and faux stitched heart on the front… with a special flight ticket inside (kind of like the Willy Wonka golden ticket.)  Her mom had to add the words… but here’s a photo of the inside too!

0410wk1 CreatedByU 001The card was oversized, made to fit in a 6x9 envelope.  I hope Marina had a wonderful birthday, and enjoyed her card too!

See you tomorrow!

P.S.  My customer is doing much better today!

Hugs,

Pin It!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Cute...very girly!

stampingmadly said...

This card turned out really cute. The embosslits wings worked great.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Extemely cool card Sharon. You nailed the design assignment perfectly! I'm betting your customer will be over the moon with this.
I may just have to CASE this for my teenage niece

Hugs and blessings and as always thanks for sharing the creativity.

- Jean

Shari Winterstein said...

Very cleaver use of the Beautiful Wings embosslit! :) and a cute card. Can't imagine that she didn't just love her card. Thanks for blessing my day along with hers! :)