Tuesday, April 20, 2010

There’s a Little Bit of Magic In Everything – Lou Reed

Memorable words, aren’t they?  One of the new stamp sets I received this week was “A Little Bit of Magic” with images of delicate and twinkling fairies, mushrooms, and flowers!  I fell in love with their adorable pixie faces, and just had to add it to my pre-order list!

April17photoscbyu 017

This image was just crying out for some 3-d effects…

April17photoscbyu 012Isn’t she adorable?  They do need lots of diamonds… or pixie dust, don’t you think?  Here’s another card I made with the A Little Bit of Magic Stamp Set…

April17photoscbyu 019 And a close up… love that twinkling stamp which is used as a border around the main image!

April17photoscbyu 020 The little flower on the greeting is mounted on a build a brad. It’s one of the new punches which is be available in the spring mini catalog!  I made the leaf with the small circle punch that is part of the set… folded my paper in 1/2 and took a small bite just outside the crease to make a leaf. 

If you haven’t received yours, click the contact me tab at the top of this blog and I’ll pop one in the mail to you speedy-quicko!

Hugs!

Pin It!

6 comments:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Gorgeous cards Sharon and the magic really shines through. I love the color combinations and the glitter. This stamp set really caught my eye as it reminds me of some of the vintage children's fairy tale books in my collection.
The build a brad flower was a very cool idea. I thought at first you had mounted a dried flower then I read the explanation. Cool use of the new punch. Now you really have me excited about this new mini.

Hugs and blessings - Jean

Martha Lucia Gomez said...

Sharon, I love how you did the effect in the litle angels. The coloring work is wonderful. Congratulations!!! I will copy the idea and then I will show you.
Blessings, Martha Lucia

Lori Watson said...

I love your fairies they are done so well and they just seem to pop off the card stock. Hugs and happy stamping Lori Watson

Steph said...

I love your fairy cards. I made a card using that same Stamp Set. It's on my blog (check it out). You did a fabulous job coloring these. I love the glitter and 3D effect. Great cards:)

TrishG said...

These images aren't my type, but I LOVE what you did with them, especially the first one with the glitter and popped up parts!

Trish Hughes said...

two more beautiful cards, love the glitter!!! thanks so much for playing along with HFOS again.
Trish