Friday, April 16, 2010

Senior Stampin’ Quick and Simple Cards

The Senior Stampers will not meet until the end of this month… but earlier this week, my friend Eva and I got together to work on some prototypes for future Senior Card Making events. 

This first card features the new Watercolor Trio stamp set from the Summer Mini Catalog, with soft coloring of Blush Blossom, Soft Suede, Mellow Moss and Very Vanilla and the stamp-off technique featured on yesterday’s Tropical Party card share.

0410photoscbyu 240

The floral center panel image was colored with Regal Rose and Mellow Moss markers… just enough of a color change to make them pop from the subtly colored background.

We wanted to do a simple punch card next round too.  We opted to use the bird wing from the extra large bird stamp and make a single yet elegant tulip.  The long and narrow leaf was cut from a folded piece of cardstock with the Wide Oval Punch… and then cut in half to produce just the right sized leaf!

0410photoscbyu 239Seniors meeting throughout North Florida will make these cards during their next session of seniors’ stampin.  Hope they like them, and you do too!

Tutorial tomorrow..  hope you’ll check back and see what I’m sharing.. no hints!

Hugs,

Pin It!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love your senior cards. They are always so nice.

Shari Winterstein said...

Oo - I really like both of these cards. I'm starting to get ready for my Stampin' Brunch Bunch next Saturday and I wanted to make a tulip card - really an easy and pretty example. Thanks for blessing my day! :)