Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Stamps Have Arrived!!

Don’t you love it when the UPS Guy brings a box full of goodies? My new stamp shipment arrived late last week… but alas, I was busy with other things and unfortunately didn’t get a chance to play with my new stamps until yesterday!

Oooh.. and I have a secret… I have TWO packages of River Rock Card Stock which I have been holding on to!  It looks REALLY nice with Riding Hood Red Card Stock too.. see?

0410photoscbyu 227

The card above features the all new summer mini catalog stamp set “Tropical Party” which I purchased with full intent to use on brayer technique card… but this card came out of my brain first!  The fern was inked, stamped DTP, and stamped DTP a second time to achieve depth. 

And a blast from the past!  The card below is one I made a couple of years ago…  waaay back when River Rock readily available.  The images from Garden Whimsy were stamped on glossy card stock which was then brayered with River Rock Classic Ink.  After inking the tulip image with markers, they were stamped near the ghosted versa mark images.  Almost wish I had kept the ribbon too!

0410photoscbyu 235

l look forward to reading your comments, have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

Pin It!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon ~ I just love the Tropical Party card, it reminds me of Florida. I think I will get to meet you in early June as I will be there for the 1st week visiting my parents (Esther). Maybe I could come to your 1st Wednesday class with her??? Keep inspiring all of us with your beautiful work. Thanks!!! ~ Michelle

jimlynn said...

Both are so pretty! Love the image (palm tree) and the sentiment on that first card. Can't wait to see the new sets.

lisa808 said...

Great tropical card! And, yes, it looks like the set would be perfect for brayering.

Donna said...

What a serene card! The colors are perfect for the tropical feel, without being in the "common" bright scheme! love the stamps!

Susan J Carlson said...

Aren't you glad you saved the river rock paper!?! I don't have that color, but I do have riding hood red, pink piroutte, and pacific point. Can't wait to demo them in July!

Susan