Monday, April 19, 2010

Cottage Rose Birthday with Style

When I first got the stamp set “Elements of Style” at the Leadership Convention, I just wasn’t sure… what I’d do with it, if I’d use it… boy, I’ve gotten over that!  I’ve found the Elements of Style stamp set quite versatile and have made several simple cards with it.  This weekend, I decided to step it up a notch…

BirthdayApril182010cbyu

What do you think?  The Cottage Rose image from the stamp set was stamped several times along the the edges of Very Vanilla Cardstock… but left off the upper right corner and side.

After coloring the image with Water Color Crayons, the inside edge of the flower pattern was cut out with paper snips.  I used a paper trimmer to cut out the rest of the opening, a T-Square and embossing stylus to emboss the straight lines.

After sponging the edges of the Very Vanilla Cardstock with Soft Suede Classic Ink, a little Mellow Moss Taffeta ribbon was tied around the frame. 

The greeting is from the Occasion Mini Catalog Set “Well Scripted” and stamped with Soft Suede Classic Ink onto Blush Blossom Card Stock and centered in the middle of the frame.  The whole thing was mounted onto a Mellow Moss card base.

It’s kind of sad to see some of these colors retiring in July.. Mellow Moss and Blush Blossom, such a wonderful combination!  I look forward to the new colors too… If you’ve got these inks, papers, etc.. you might want to stock up on the coordinating re-inker and cardstocks.  Shop my ONLINE STORE to fill your stash!

Hugs,

Pin It!

21 comments:

Teri said...

totally gorgeous!

stampingmadly said...

Beautiful card, I love the effect of cutting out the edge of the image. Very lovely and elegant.

Carol said...

Beautiful card -- you have more patience for cutting than I. The results, though, are simply stunning for all that time and effort

Gabi Guth said...

Wow Sharon,

a wonderful card,I am so sad in our catalogue in Germany we have not this stamp set.

Hugs Gabi

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a very impressive card. Every snip of your scissors helped to make it more delicate and feminine. Thanks for blessing my day! :)

Kitty A. said...

Such a beautiful card! You inspire me to put more effort into my creations. Must get this set!

Susan said...

stunning!!

jimlynn said...

Stunning!

Firenze said...

Oh my that is just gorgeous! TFS
Helen -- Firenze Cards

Anonymous said...

Very lovely card!

Bea Lincoln said...

This is a beautiful card. I really love the placement of the flowers and the butterfly is awesome. Would love to win a set. Can;t really afford to buy all the sets I want. Thanks for the chance.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Wow... very unique and unusual and gorgeous!!

lisa808 said...

Sharon, this is gorgeous! Love your cut out and pop-ups.

Dorothy said...

Every time I leave a comment, it's "stunning!" LOL I have no other words to adequately express my awe over your fabulous creations!!! Face it, you're the bees knees! Hugs! Dorothy

Nana Jo said...

Great card and yes lots of work too.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

The only word that comes to mind is WOW! You put a lot of work into this project but oh so worth it.

The butterfly really adds that extra punch (pun intended - lol!)and I'm with you about the colors being missed. Mellow Moss whether ribbon, ink or paper is one of my all time favorites. It would be perfect for the new fairy set of stamps too...after all fairy's probably get up close and personal with moss right?

Thanks for sharing all the creative details. This one is going on the blog pick list for sure!

Hugs - Jean

sandy said...

One word "Beatimeous"!!!!!!
Sandy

Donna said...

What a beautifully soft card. I can smell the flowers and feel the shade of the vine! Exquisite!

Susan said...

Very beautiful card Sharon. Lots of tedious cutting on this one, but oh so worth it. Love it!

Anne said...

I love this style of card. Really the prettiest card I have seen in a long time. TFS.

Lori Watson said...

I love the soft tones that you used on your card it is so elegant and shows a lot of depth to the card. Hugs and happy stamping Lori