Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Card For My Champ (Husband)

With Fathers’ day right around the corner, and company arriving soon… I thought I had better knock out a Fathers’ Day card for my DH.  (Hopefully I won’t lose it before I give it to him.. just how does that happen?)

My DH is a HUGE sports fan… whether its a ball game, Olympic sports, or Nascar… he’s right on it!  Years ago I purchased an  ‘authentic’ jersey with the logo of his favorite sports teams.  That jersey was the inspiration for this card using.. what else… the Tropical Party and Sporting Stamp Sets!

P4250045cbyu42413a

To make the t-shirt, I simply folded a long post-it note in half, and then drew half a t-shirt on it and traced that pattern onto a heavier piece of cardstock which I used for my actual pattern.  After cutting out the t-shirt, I stamped and added a little faux stitching at the neckline and hemlines using my handy-dandy mat pack and paper piercing tool!

P4250016cby425

Isn’t it fun?  Hope he likes it… shhh!  Don’t tell him, it is a surprise!

Stampin’ Up! Supplies

Stamps:

  • Sporting #115072 $18.95/8 pieces
  • Tropical Party *

Card Stock and Designer Series Paper:

  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Old Olive
  • Not Quite Navy
  • Whisper White
  • Island Oasis Designer Series Paper *

Classic Inks:

  • Not Quite Navy
  • Old Olive

Accessories:

  • Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder*
  • Earth Elements Brads
  • Modern Label Punch
  • Movers’ and Shapers Punch Windows (p.201 IB&)
  • Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack*

* These items are featured in the Summer Mini Catalog and will be available to order online May 1st, 2010.  If you have not received your mini catalog yet, please email me, I’d love to send you one!

More Tropical Party Shares tomorrow… I hope you like

them!

Hugs,

Pin It!

2 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

This card is so cute and a great way of using the new paper and stamp set for a guy! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

lisa808 said...

Yes, this is a fun card. Your shirt is so cute & creative. Hubby will love it.