Monday, April 12, 2010

Butterflies and Pansies

Last weekend, I took time to do something which I very rarely have time to do anymore… blurffing (blog + surfing).  In doing so, I happened to stumble upon wonderful butterfly wing pansies which were created by Tina Sieben (The Inkredible Shrinking Stamper).  I have to tell you I was quite impressed with the butterfly wing pansies she had created, and had to try it for myself!  Can you believe these beautiful pansies were created using the Stampin’ Up! butterfly punch??

0410photoscbyu 128The pansies were colored DTP (direct to paper) with shades of purples Water Color Crayons (WCC)… an idea case’d from Valita’s Fresh Folds… featured her blog and idea on Friday! The flower centers were first colored with a Summer Sun WCC.  Then, beginning with the lightest color, I colored the butterfly wings by coloring in a circular motion onto the punched wings  The outer edges were colored with darker shades of purple WCC, and then more depth was added to the centers and petals with other shades of purples.   Instead of spritzing with water to make the colors move and meld, they were spritzed instead with shimmer paint/ alcohol spray mist (Original Recipe: Sept 14, 2009 Post).  Color was re-applied to intensify the centers of the flowers.  They sparkle, shimmer and pop!

You can see Tina’s original post, and even watch a video she made on these pansies on her website:  The INKredible ShrINKing Stamper.

See you tomorrow!

Hugs,

Pin It!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Sharon, your pansies are so pretty and shimmery. Gorgeous!

Peg said...

I love this project with pansies and I have created a link to you on my post www.pegcraftalot.blogspot.com it will appear on thursday 14th April

Thanks

Sandi said...

Love your coloring on the pansies, beautiful shades and beautiful layout. I just got done making a card for class this Saturday using the WCC myself, been a while for me!