Friday, March 26, 2010

Flower Fancy.. a funny story!

The Stamp A Stack featured 5 cards and an Easter treat… and this card was my least favorite of all.  I almost pulled it from the line-up!  Time crunch won out, and it was kept as one of the 5 cards… funny story… this was one of the favorites!  Who could know?

March 2010 033 

Flower Fancy is a two step stamp set.  Many people prefer to use a Stamp-Ma-Jig Tool when using two step stamps… but I just wing it.  I think it adds to the water color effect, having the image inside and outside the lines.

The background was stamped and sponged in Certainly Celery using the Sanded Background Stamp, and the lower half is from the Shades of Spring Designer Series Paper Collection.  Pulled kind of a fast one here.. used a retired punch (oops) and didn’t even realize it until the day of the class!

Stampin’ Up! Supplies:

Stamps:  Flower Fancy, Whimsical Words

Classic Inks:  Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum

Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Certainly Celery

Accessories:

  • Blossom Party Originalz Die
  • Boho Blossoms Punch
  • Fire Square Crystal Brads
  • Shades of Spring DSP
  • Dotted Textured Embossing Folder
  • Stampin’ Dimensionals
  • Paper Snips
  • Perfect Plum Stampin’ Write Marker
  • Sponge Dauber

Have you tired of this stamp set yet?  I hope not!!  I will be featuring even more Flower Fancy Stamped Designs during the upcoming Royal Blog tour… and there’s something for EVERYONE.  Got to love this set!

Hugs,

Pin It!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Great card! My least favorite is usually the favorite at my classes! lol You just never know.

jimlynn said...

WONDERFUL card! So pretty.

Mary said...

Beautiful job, love the soft clean look.

lisa808 said...

Pretty card. I like the 'winging it' look.

I am so looking forward to the Royal Blog Tour. The last one was so fun and inspiring.