Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Floral Arrangement in Paradise

Catchy, isn’t it?  It’s actually a Fifth Avenue Floral Arrangement with Paradise – two stamp sets combined to make a beautiful and dimensional floral arrangement on the face of a card!  Don’t they compliment each other well?

voila cookbook 017The leaves were stamped on Mellow Moss Card Stock with Old Olive Classic Ink.  They were hand-cut and curled with a piercing tool, and then popped onto the card base.  I used Crystal Effects to add a bit more depth and dimension to the DTP (direct to paper) stamped greenery too.. here’s another view… 

voila cookbook 010 All of the flowers, and the card front were stamped and embossed with Versamark and Whisper White Embossing Powder onto Shimmery White Card Stock.   The embossing helps keep the painted colors inside the lines, and the Shimmery White Card Stock enables the water to flow across the petals without saturating the paper! 

I chose to paint the flowers with Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, and Cameo Coral, and Pixie Pink Classic Inks and my Aqua Painter.  My Grandmothers’ favorite rose was called a “Peace Rose” so I was trying to mimic the coloration found in that particular rose… typically yellow with pink edges.

Ready for the complete card?

voila cookbook 079 The tiny little butterfly is from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit in the Occasions Mini Catalog. 

Tomorrow I’ll share another card using Fifth Avenue Floral too.. not quite as elaborate as this one, but I think you’ll like it too!

Stampin’ Up! Supply Items for today’s card:

Stamps:

  • Fifth Avenue Floral #113734 $24.95
  • Paradise #113778 $20.95
  • Thank You Kindly #111700 $13.95* OR use the FREE code when your order $50.00 or more in Stampin’ Up! Merchandise during Sale A Bration, Item #120248 $0.00

8 1/2” x 11” Card Stock:

  • Shimmery White #101910 $7.95
  • Mellow Moss #102898 $5.50
  • Cameo Coral #100475 $5.50
  • Barely Banana (the tiny butterfly) #102701 $5.50

Inks:

  • Old Olive #102277 $5.95
  • Barely Banana #101170 $5.95
  • Cameo Coral #103035 $5.95
  • Pretty in Pink #101301 $5.95
  • Pixie Pink #105212 $5.95
  • Versa Mark #102283 $7.50

Accessories

  • Whisper White Embossing Powder #109132 $4.75
  • Heat Tool #100005 $25.95
  • Scallop Oval Punch #114889 $15/95
  • Sponge Daubers #102892 $10.95
  • Stampin’ Dimensionals #104430 $3.95
  • Magnetic Mover and Shapers Punch Windows #115953 $29.95** Use with sizzix big shot machine
  • Crystal Effects #101055 $6.25
  • Beautiful Wings Embosslit #118138 $11.95

Click the link on my side bar to view the Sale-A-Bration Catalog FREE Merchandise.  You can order all the items above at my Online Stampin’ Up! Store, or contact me for personalized assistance with your order!

See you tomorrow!

Pin It!

11 comments:

Kristin said...

oooo!! I like this, Mom! Love ya, K

Dorothy said...

O M Gosh!!! This card is absolutely stunning!!! You are such an inspiration and so incredibly talented. I'm soo glad I got to meet you and learn about your blog! I'm in papercrafting heaven! :) Have a great week! Hugs, Dorothy

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a stunning card. It took my breath away. Very beautiful job! Thanks for blessing my Sunday.

Shari
southerncaliforniastamper.blogspot.com

stampingmadly said...

What a beautiful card. You did such nice watercoloring, and I like the white on white.

Diane J Ouellette said...

Very soft and beautiful. Nicely done!

Kelly Acheson said...

OMGosh!!!! I just ordered the Extreme Surfer so I could make that card....WHEW...I already have the Fifth Avenue Floral!!! THANKS for sharing - this is just amazing!

lisa808 said...

Stunning card! Your water colored flowers are gorgeous.

Penny Geigner said...

This card is absolutely amazing - lots of different techniques but it was well worth it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Susan said...

Hi Sharon--This is a really pretty card. It reminded me of how much I love this technique. Am going to have to try it again. Thanks for the inspiration.

CRYSTAL said...

Oooooooh, absolutely beautiful! :)

Yvonne Metz said...

Stunning! LOVE the way this turned out Lady! TFS!!!