Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Brayered and Sanded Flower Fancy Card

We all love the finial press embossing folder… and sanding designer series paper to show a bit more color and texture…but what if??

I decided to brayer color onto very vanilla cardstock, emboss and then sand… and the results are a lot of fun!  March 2010 025

The bridesmaid designer series paper was sponged with blush blossom classic ink, and the image from Flower Fancy was painted by scribbling ink onto my plastic stamp case, and picking it up with an aqua painter / brush.  Letting the wet color dry and settle on the shimmery white cardstock allowed me to re-apply coats of ink and intensify the colors.

This is just one of the fun cards we are making this week in the Flower Fancy Card Making Class… it’s going to be a lot of fun, and you’ll also learn how to brayer color onto your cardstock… and how cool is that??

See you tomorrow!

Pin It!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful. I love the sanded look.

Debbie said...

I like this card,Sharon. I'm going to have to try out the technique. It's fantastic that your DS is on his way back to the States!

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

Hi Sharon!
wanted to let you know that I featured your swap cards on my blog today
Thank you for your cards they were both super great
have a good day

Susan said...

Hey Sharon - I love this card. So very pretty. Must try that sanding technique.

Shari Winterstein said...

What a great idea! Thanks :)))

lisa808 said...

Very pretty card. Love the effect of sanding the embossed paper and sponging the DSP. Also, your watercoloring is lovely.