Saturday, February 20, 2010

From my Garden… My 2 swap cards!

Good morning to you all!  I’ve been so excited to share the featured/guest stamper swaps, and awaiting the arrival of Michelle Zindorf for the beginner and advanced brayer workshops… SO, while I’m in class today, I thought I would share the two swap cards I made!

The first card featured the From the Garden stamp set which is found in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  This was a really fun card to make… but after mailing them, I realized that I left the brown scalloped edge off many of the swaps I had mailed (I know this because… I found them on my table as I was cleaning up my scraps!!)

I wasn’t feeling very well when I made my swaps, it’s been a really rough winter here in Jacksonville, Florida!  Anyway, this is what I intended the card to look like:

unf_and_seniors_samples 020 I used a sponge dauber and chocolate chip ink to enhance the dotted embossed background of the card.. kind of fun, isn’t it?

The second card… featured the Occasions Mini Catalog stamp sets Happy Moments and Whimsical Words.  I love the pretty Designer Series Paper used in both samples, don’t you?

unf_and_seniors_samples 011It’s amazing how just a little dazzling diamonds can really ‘kick up’ a card a notch or two!  The pretty in pink background on this card was stamped with the floral image from the Happy Moments Stamp set, and Pretty In Pink Classic ink.. giving it a little more texture.  Hope the swap recipients liked my cards, I promise to do better next month!  

Stampin’ Supplies My Swap Card #1

Stamps:  Garden from the Heart (mini catalog)

Classic Inks:  Chocolate Chip

Card Stock:

  • Certainly Celery
  • Barely Banana
  • Very Vanilla
  • Chocolate Chip

Accessories:

  • Sponge Daubers
  • Watercolor Wonder Crayons
  • Aqua Painter
  • Scallop Border Punch
  • Dotted Textured Embossing Folder
  • 5/8” Satin Chocolate Chip Ribbon (mini catalog)
  • Stampin’ Dimensionals
  • Shades of Spring Designer Series Paper (mini catalog)
  • Curly Label Punch
  • Movers & Shapers Curly Label Die

My Swap Card #2

Sale-A-Bration Stamps: 

  • Happy Moments,
  • Whimsical Words

Classic Ink:  Basic Black, Pretty in Pink

Card Stock:

  • Whisper White
  • Pretty in Pink
  • Orchid Opulence

Accessories:

  • Stampin’ Write Markers:  Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery, Yo Yo Yellow, Pretty In Pink
  • Certainly Celery Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Soft Subtles Brads
  • 2-Way Glue Pen
  • Dazzling Diamonds
  • Tombow Mono Adhesive
  • Stampin’ Dimensionals
  • Curly Label Punch
  • Shades of Spring Designer Series Paper (mini catalog)

See you tomorrow with more stampin’ fun shares!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Love them! Have fun this weekend.

jimlynn said...

Sharon, both of these are super cute!

The Garden of Egan said...

The cards are beautiful! Love the dotted enhancements!

Ret said...

lovely cards!! Have a grand day with Michelle!
hugs!