Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The finer things in life… Fine Flourish is a winner!

Fine Flourish is a palm sized wood mount stamp set offered in the Stampin’ Up! Occasions Mini catalog.  As you may be able to tell from prior posts, I just love this tiny $9.95 stamp!  It’s perfect for stamping backgrounds, adding interest, or punching!

Here’s another card I made for my Seniors Center!  We’ve used the extra large two-step bird punch, the full heart punch, and of course the coordinating scalloped heart embosslit too!  In classic Red and Vanilla, this card was quite a hit!

unf_and_seniors_samples 002

Sometimes I’m a bit hesitant about using a large printed Designer Series Paper (DSP) on a card, aren’t you?  The Sending Love Specialty DSP seems to work quite well on this card, however… and I loved the way it turned out!  If you’re wondering why it’s called a ‘specialty’ DSP, it’s because many of the designs have glitter embedded in them… wow!  Another pattern from the same paper pack was also used to punch the bird’s wing which was then popped up with a stampin’ dimensional!

I’ve gotten a LOT of use from my Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslits Die… A beautiful accent for a card or scrapbook page by itself, or layered with a stamped image and full heart punch.. it’s all good! 

Wow.. and I just realized this card has NO RIBBON… unusual for me, I really love the matching ribbons… but this card did not seem to need it.  What do you think?

Stampin’ Up! Supplies:

Stamps:  Well Scripted

Classic Inks:  Real Red, Old Olive

Paper/Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Real Red, Sending Love Specialty DSP

Punches:  Extra Large Two Step Bird, Full Heart

Accessories:  Sponge Daubers, Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit*, stampin’ dimensionals

*Used with the Big Shot die cutting machine!

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty card, Sharon! Is your DD home yet?

jimlynn said...

Such a pretty card. Love your red bird. So cute.