Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Begin Scrapbooking with three quick and easy 2-page layouts!

Customizing your scrapbook pages is easy with rubber stamping!  Your scrapbook becomes a unique work of art, personalized by you!

Here are three two-page layouts recently facilitated in my beginner scrapbooking with rubber stamps class.  Each of the pages is in a convenient 8 1/2” x 11” format, suitable for family photos, traditions, stories, and/or recipes!

The first, done in a classic Black and White theme… using the stem sayings and hope happens stamp sets.  The rubber stamping was kept to a minimum on this beginner layout... quick and easy to complete!

unf_and_seniors_samples 003

This layout featured last years’ sale-a-bration DSP :) and the Party Hearty Stamp Set.  Beginners also stamped assorted images, used punches, the crop-a-dile tool to set jumbo eyelets, and sponge daubbered edges of cardstock too!

unf_and_seniors_samples 001

The last 2-page scrapbook layout featured Stampin’ Up! Bella Bleu DSP (current), and Baroque Motifs Stamp Sets.  The left page is upside down in the photo.. just noticed that, sorry :)  Students/attendees were quite pleasantly surprised to learn they could stamp on DSP to both enhance the paper, and make it match the rest of the colors in their pages and projects!

unf_and_seniors_samples 002Can you believe I was sick and could barely hold my head up when designing this class?  I was quite worried about how they actually would turn out.  I’ve got a little crooked stamping here and there, but decided to adopt an Amish philosophy for this beginners’ class…  Borrowed from quilting, “every finished project must have a small error… because only God is perfect.”  You see, the Amish quilters cleverly hide a mistake in each finished quilt!  My error is not so cleverly hidden :) but we’ll call it Amish Scrapbooking anyway… and/or a Creative Opportunity in Rubber Stamping!

Hugs,

Pin It!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Very pretty. I am a CTMH consultant but I LOVE Stampin' Up too. I just got some new stuff yesterday. Love your blog!!

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

Love these pages, especially the first and third! Sorry, to hear you've been sick.

jimlynn said...

I'm thinking I need to move to Florida so I can be in one of your classes!!!! I've never even attempted a scrapbook - but you make it look like so much fun!