Saturday, February 27, 2010

Advanced Brayer Workshop Cards

Another busy week has come to an end, where does the time go? 

Today I’m sharing the cards I made last weekend in Michelle Zindorf’s Advanced Brayer Workshop.. simply stunning!

zindorf 032The picture doesn’t do it justice… wait until you see it in person, the card (above) uses three stamp sets:  Branch Out, Lovely as a Tree, and Nature Silhouettes.  Sadly, Stampin’ Up! has retired the beautiful Branch Out stamp set :(  I really do love that set!

zindorf 039Kind of reminds me of the recently demolished Old St. Augustine Bridge of Lions…  Michelle taught us how to use embossing with our brayering… really cool!

zindorf 037The last card is a serene Florida scene, with the moon dancing over the water and reflecting bamboo.

I now have a whole new appreciation for those brayers in my stamp room… such a cool tool!  Michelle also gave us a very handy tip during her workshop:  store the brayer roller side up to avoid flat spots.  That was a real DUH! moment…   How have you stored your brayer?

Stamping Hugs,

Pin It!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Gerat projects. Bring them in March so we can see!

Leslie said...

Sharon, Thanks again for hosting a Michelle Zindorf Workshop. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I haven't had any time to sit down and practice any of what we learned, but hopefully soon. Have your now catalogs arrived yet? I am anxious to get my hands on one.
Leslie Markland

jimlynn said...

Beautiful cards. I really like the one with the deer. Amazing.

lisa808 said...

Thanks for posting. They are gorgeous. Wish I could have gotten into the advanced class as well. I'll have to book earlier next time.

Susan said...

Sharon these cards are beautiful. I can't wait to see your interpretation of the Zindorff technique.