Saturday, January 16, 2010

Stampin’ Addicts Sale-A-Bration Tour Stop #6 Jan 16th - 18th

You have probably just come from Joyce’s Blog… If not, be sure to click back or forward all the way through the tour until you reach my blog again!  The links are provided at the bottom of this post.

Sale-A-Bration is a great time in the SU! world, if you’re not familiar with it, then you need to know that we give away FREE STAMPS!!  This tour stop will feature the elegant and whimsical FREE stamp set “Whimsical Words”.

This first, in classic Basic Black and Vanilla features pop ups on the inside and out.  I used the new small heart punch from the Occasions Mini Catalog… but just couldn’t make a ‘black heart’ card so popped the hearts up a bit with stampin’ dimensionals.

Here’s the interior view of the cards.. both the words and the scalloped heart float and pop from the upper half of the card, and I’ve popped the small hearts again with 1/2 of a Stampin’ Dimensional.

Valentines’ Day is not far away… this card features the Trendy Trees Stamp set used in an unusual way… The tall, narrow tree has cut down and attached to a trunk piece from the stamp set… and one of the trees becomes the quills for the arrow too!

Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware, and polka-dotted grosgrain also enhance the card… I love the arrow, don’t you?

One last card… for a sweet baby girl…

Again, the small heart punch was used to highlight the color from the Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon.  Here, the reverse side of the Finial Press Embossing Folder was used for the very vanilla card front layer.  And the Polka Dot Embossing Folder was used for the smaller piece, and then enhanced by dragging across my Pretty in Pink Classic Ink Pad.

Well.. I got up at 545 EDT this morning to make sure I had my cards and post completed in time for the tour… and seem to be running a bit late so I’m going to cut this short… The tour begins officially at 12noon EDT.. I hope you’ll visit all the stops.. links, etc. will remain up and active through Monday.

Thanks for stopping by… I look forward to your comments!

Pin It!

27 comments:

Kim said...

Your cards are drop dead gorgeous!!!!

Marie said...

As always Sharon, I love your cards!! You are the one that made me want that Heart of Hearts embosslit and you're at it again! Nicely done!

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

Whow Sharon you do amazing work
sure love the red card with the eyelet in the middle brilliantly done
whow I am excited to see a card in real life after visiting your blog
excellent work yu have here
thank you for sharing

Heidi Baks said...

That Valentine's card - WOW!!!

HeathersHobby said...

Sharon, I love, love, LOVE that black and white card! Fabulous art (as usual!).

Holly/catrules said...

Great projects they are soo pretty!! I like how you used the Hodgepodge hardware.

Yapha said...

What elegant cards! I love all the embossed white on them! It is incredible!

Joyce said...

Beautiful work, all your cards are gorgeous ... the wedding card is stunning!

Crissy said...

Beautiful cards!!!!

Lisa N said...

Beautiful cards. Great job.

Sara said...

These ideas really make me want this stamp set something fierce!!!!!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Such pretty cards! I love the baby one, but they're all great!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Drop dead gorgeous my friend (the cards too - LoL!). I love how you turned trendy trees into cupids arrow and the black and white made my heart go pit a pat for sure! Obvious that a lot of heart, thought and talent went into all three projects.

Thanks for showcasing this very fun set of word stamps in such creative ways.

Hugs from a sister hopper - Jean

maryr917 said...

your cards are beautiful-I think my fave is the black & white card

Little GTO said...

I love all three. I would love to do a pop up! Great choice!
Great use of a tree trunk! LOL!
Sharon L

MaryR said...

what beautiful cards!

Cindy said...

All of these made me say "Oh!" when I saw them. Simply stunning!

lisa808 said...

Lovely cards. I like what you did with the little heart punch.

Melissa said...

Beautiful cards, Sharon! I just love your out-of-the-box use for the Trendy Trees set as well!

Shawne said...

Very elegant! I love the simple color schemes and embossing!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

ooooo, your 'white & ___' color schemes are so crisp and eyecatching--and the black and white card is an absolute stunner!

Angi Rankin said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I've just found your blog on this blog hop, and I'll definitely be back for more inspiration.

Lisa Young said...

Wow Sharon! Your projects are simply beautiful! I LOVE the first one especially - Black and Vanilla - yum!

Sally said...

Oh my goodness! I couldn't even begin to decide which of your cards I love the best! The black/vanilla is outstanding, but then the rest of them are just as gorgeous! Wonderful work!

Rhonda L. said...

Beautiful cards!

Twila said...

Super work on some beautiful cards!

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Those are really cool and beautiful! I have some hardware in my stash but I never think to use it. Thanks for the inspiration!
:-)