Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Learning to Stamp in Jacksonville, FL. Simple, Creative Opportunities

I have been teaching beginning stamp classes here in Jacksonville, FL. for nearly 5 years… It is always so much fun to introduce this hobby to beginners!  I love to see the glow in their eyes, and enjoy the sense of accomplishment as they admire their new creations!  The design of the beginner card is of course to show them what THEY can do, not what I can do.. something that Stampin’ Up! reiterated this year at the Leadership Conference in Phoenix, Arizona too!

This is one of the beginner cards which we will do next week…

unf_and_seniors_samples 005

The marker dots were added along the bottom of the Whisper White Cardstock because I made a boo-boo.  In my classes, I also tell people that there are no mistakes, only Creative Opportunities… If I hadn’t made the smudge, I may not have thought to add a row of soft suede dots!  Kind of like the effect… and it’s not perfect.. but it is a handmade card… we can save perfect for competitions, it’s really OK as a teacher to share your mistakes with your students… everyone makes them, after all!

Supplies

Stamps:  Bird On a Branch, Friends 24/7

Card Stock:  So Saffron, Whisper White, Soft Suede

Accessories:  Scallop Edge Punch, Mat Pack and Piercing tool, Polka Dot Soft Suede Grosgrain Ribbon, Versamark Ink, Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker, and Soft Suede Classic Ink.

I have been so busy prepping for upcoming classes.. sorry about the randomness of my posts!  I’m just beginning to dig out, and have 8 commitments in the next 7 days… once that has passed, I hope to be back bloggin’ daily.  Thanks for hanging in there!

Pin It!

1 comment:

jimlynn said...

I think it's just great! Wish I was in your beginner class!!!! Pretty card.