Sunday, December 13, 2009

Utah Divas and Stamptacular Sunday Challenge Card.. Non Traditional Christmas Boho

Creative Challenges are a great way to get a jump start on crafting.  Today, I’m combining the Utah Divas International Card Layout Challenge along with the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge for non-traditional Christmas Colors. 

The outer layers of the focal floral image were made with the Ornament Punch (Holiday Mini Catalog)… can you guess what stamp set was embossed on the Very Vanilla Cardstock?  Hint:  think outside the box.

The layout came from Utah Divas International…

The second challenge was from the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge which mandated that we create a Christmas card in NON-traditional colors, i.e. NO Red or Green!  Those who follow me and/or attend my workshops and classes know I have absolutely no problem meeting that criteria ;) 

Long story short.. here is my entry for the challenge… using the new punches and ribbons available 1/5/09… and then current mini catalog items too (Four the Holidays stamp set, Pretty Petals Embossing Folder, and Ornament Punch).  I LOVE the Four the Holidays stamp set, hope they carry it into the next catalog in August!!

Reference NOTE: 

* Items available in the Holiday Mini Catalog thru January 4, 2010

*** Items available on 1/5/2010 in the Sale A Bration and Occasions Mini Catalogs

Stamping Supply List:

  • Four the Holidays (#116921)*
  • Snow Swirled (#111690)*
  • Bella Toile Background Stamp (#111598)

Card Stock:

  • Real Rust
  • Very Vanilla
  • Chocolate Chip

Classic Inks:

  • More Mustard
  • Chocolate  Chip
  • Real Rust

Accessories:

  • Pretties Kit (#109114)
  • Ornament Punch (#116794)*
  • Textured Impressions Pretty Petals Embossing Folder (#116824)*
  • Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402)***
  • Scallop Trim Corner Punch (#118870)***
  • Pinked Hearts Border Punch (#117649)***
  • Pinked Hearts Corner Punch (#118072)***
  • 5-Petal Flower Punch (#109041)
  • Butterfly Punch (#116629)
  • Latte Designer Buttons (#114333)
  • Bead Duo Green (#117054)
  • 5/8” Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon(#117287)***

No post tomorrow.. I’m posting early and twice today in order to participate in the challenges… I hope you’ll check back on Tuesday for another new card share/idea… (Sorry Esther!)

Pin It!

11 comments:

Sandra said...

thanks for the sneak peeks - those punches look like a lot of fun!
Sandra

Aud Kirsten said...

wow, this is great! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:)

mustangsarah said...

Great card and colors. Thanks for playing.

Line said...

What an awesome card! The punched edges looks so pretty. I love the colors you've used and that flower you've made looks so gorgous!!

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line

Nikki Schmaltz said...

What a gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing along at Stamptacular

Sharon Steinwand said...

Well - no skimpin' on the layers on this sweet card! It's lovely! Your colors are great- especially on the first view- I was thinking of a gorgeous tasty cookie- now that means enough looking and time for bed before I hit the cupboard!!I love the way you've used punches- now I know what's got to go on my wish list....

Liza said...

A gorgeous card and I love the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Paula said...

This is DEFINATELY not red or green, I love the combo...nice refreshing change...the flower is just beautiful! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Carolyn said...

What a different color combination. I just love it. Your flower is stunning. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Georgia said...

Wow! Thanks for joining us at the SSC.

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! What an amazing flower, I just love the colors!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular this week! (Sorry I'm late in commenting!)
Dee