Saturday, December 12, 2009

Easel Card for Christmas… Boho Style

I have been meaning to make an Easel Card for a couple weeks now.  The basic card is cut 4” x 12” and scored at 4, 6, and 8”.  You can find a tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers for the quick and simple cards here: Easel Cards   Here’s a close-up of my card…  doesn’t it look like fun?

The close-up shows detail of the new edge and corner punches which will be offered for sale by Stampin’ Up! in January, aren’t they fun?  Here’s a closed view of the card… (although it’s not quite closed all the way :)

I’m loving the new satin ribbon too, it’s only 5/8” wide and perfect for cards.  Here’s an open view of the card standing upright all by itself!  The lovely scripted “Merry Christmas” is from the “Four the Holidays” Stamp Set featured in the Holiday Mini Catalog… only available for a few more weeks!

Stamps:

  • Four the Holidays #116921
  • Christmas Greetings #115448

Card Stock:

  • Old Olive
  • Real Red
  • Very Vanilla

Classic Ink:  Real Red, Old Olive

Accessories:

  • Pretty Petals Embossing Folder
  • Scallop Circle Punch
  • 1” Circle Punch
  • 5 Petal Flower Punch
  • Wide Oval Punch
  • Pinked Hearts Border & Corner Punches*
  • Scallop Trim Border & Corner Punches*
  • Pretties Kit
  • 5/8” Real Red Satin Ribbon*
  • Stampin’ Dimensionals
  • Stampin’ Sponges
  • Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker

* Items available January 5, 2010

DH has been sick with the flu, it’s been crazy here… making soup, stamping when I can… Be sure to visit my online Stampin’ Up! store to place your supply orders.. and I’ll see you tomorrow with another new card share!

Pin It!

7 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is drop dead gorgeous!!!!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

I love this card!! Just beautiful!
The colors are fantastic!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! I am following yours also!

Have a great weekend! :)

Kristin said...

Oooooo!! I LOVE it, Mom!! Looks really good...I like the different style! Maybe I will get it as a Christmas card! Haha...

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous!

DebbieD said...

What a beautiful card. The colors work so well together and the scalloped trim are fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

jimlynn said...

This is just simply BEAUTIFUL!!!! Just great.

nana_cindy42 said...

Oh, I love this card! And the 'easel' card is so clever & makes such a nice display!!