Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Christmas Bunny… New meets Old Stamps

If I kept every single Stampin’ UP! Stamp which entered my home, I’d have to build an addition (I’d love that but my DH just doesn’t seem to agree).  We all have our favorite stamps we hold onto… One of my favorite stamps features the John Lennon saying “I get by with a little help from my friends”.  Another of my favorites is the retired harlequin patterned stamp featured on this Chocolate Christmas Bunny card.

Feeling a little better, and this chocolate bunny stamp was sitting on my table crying out “Me, Me.. give me some ink, please”.  After stamping and cutting him out, he looked just a bit plain… so I used my Pretty Petal Textured Embossing folder and scallop punch to make a wreath for his neck… hmm… still something missing.. wings?  He was floating on paper and in desperate need of ‘grounding’.

My first attempt at grounding the flying chocolate bunny was to use the woodgrain stamp and aqua painter… not enough… then I dug out the harlequin pattern background (retired stamp). 

My friend and downline said I must have been sick.. and asked why I put a wreath around a bunny’s neck… well, I was sick, but why shouldn’t a Christmas Bunny have a wreath around his neck?  I don’t see the problem!

Anyway, hope you like my silly card today… I do love the new satin ribbon and the scallop border punch which will be available on Jan.5th (and the Chocolate Bunny too). 

Do you think it’s silly?  Stay warm and dry… Hugs!

Pin It!

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

I actually think he's kinda cute! Very unique. And, I mean, after all....it seems we go directly from Christmas to Valentines to Easter anyway - right!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Not silly at all just cute as the dickens as my Grandma used to say. Though I don't think her definition of dickens generally included bunnies I bet she'd make an exception for this chocolate bit of goodness. Hope you feel better soon.

- Jean

PS: Would he look more Christmassy if he was white chocolate? Maybe a holly wreath....hm...have to play when I get my hands on this cute image. Thanks for sharing the smile!

lisa808 said...

The image looks so real.

Anonymous said...

Cute card and I love your creativity. tdharris1@cox.net