Sunday, December 20, 2009

A CASE for Christmas…

Feeling quite under the weather… but when I received a beautiful Christmas Card in the mail from Michelle Zindorf, I just had to figure out how to replicate it!  I added embossed words, and simplified by removing a layer or two… but the idea was Michelle’s. 

My two versions of the card are shown below… One with snow, one without.  Not sure which one I prefer… and you?

The ‘snow’ was added with a white signo gel pen.  Both cards were made using Michelle’s infamous brayer techniques and sponging, and the “trendy trees” & “four the holidays” stamp set. 

Michelle will be my guest in Jacksonville, Fl. in February 2009 as she teaches both beginner and advanced brayer workshops.  I am so looking forward to her visit.  All classes are filled… and a waiting list has been started.  You can find out more about Michelle’s fabulous brayer workshops (and see her beautiful work & tutorials) on her blog:  zindorf.blogs

Pin It!

5 comments:

Ellen Kemper said...

Love it! But then I love everything that MZ does and everything inspired by her.

If you really care - I like the snow one best. But only just a little better because both of these cards are FABULOUS!

Sharon Field / Createbyu said...

Hi Ellen.. you're so sweet to post on my blog through my yucky illness!! I do care... and sometimes wonder if I'm out of focus and contact so have to ask. PS I liked the snow one better too!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Sharon, first of all hope you're feeling better..... hate having anything wrong at this time of year so know how you must feel! I absolutely love both cards but the one with the snow is for me the nicest! Love Michelle's work and your replication, is so cool...... thanks for inspiration.

lisa808 said...

Beautiful. I have to say I like the one with snow best. btw, I am signd up for the beginner class in Feb. Can't wait!

Trish said...

I really quite like the one with the snow better. The other one just looks a little too plain. You did a wonderful job capturing the tree and all of the light effects. I am going to have to try this just as soon as I get some spare time. Have a wonderful day.

Trish in Wisconsin