Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wellness Wishes.. Sick Puppy?

Honestly, I never even expected that this stamp would be mounted… when I first received it at the Stampin’ Up! Convention 2009, I truly wondered “What were they thinking?” 

But… over the past few weeks I have been quietly surveying my Stampin’ Up! Customers to make sure that they are happy with not only the quality of cards and designs we make in camps and classes, but also the types of cards we make.  Through the survey results, I discovered a very interesting void in my classes… a lack of Get Well Cards!  We make plenty of Birthday, “Thinking of You”, “Just a Note”, “Sympathy” and “Praying for You” cards… but for some reason we miss that always needed “Get Well” card.

That revelation forced me to take a second look at this little, inexpensive stamp set… and a “get well” card surfaced which everyone was quite happy with!  The little sick puppy on the pillow doesn’t seem so silly now… and perhaps we’ll find more use for this stamp set soon too!

Supplies

Card Stock:  Ruby Red, Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Bermuda Bay

Classic Ink:  Close to Cocoa

Designer Series Paper:  Holiday Lounge

Accessories:  Mat Pack and Piercing Tool; Stampin’ Write Markers in Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, and Bermuda Bay; Silver Brads

Tomorrow is the American Thanksgiving Holiday… I’m missing both my children this year, my DD in Germany and DS in Balad, Iraq… luckily I have very close family friends which my DH and I will celebrate the season with.  I hope you and yours stay warm, enjoy wonderful friendships and food, and have a blessed holiday!

Pin It!

3 comments:

jmniffer said...

This stamp makes a wonderful get well card...now to find uses for some of the other stamps in the set. Thanks for sharing.

Anne said...

This set has been on my wish list for awhile just for the dog. Guess I've got an interesting sense of humor.

lisa808 said...

That little doggie is adorable.