Sunday, November 22, 2009

Treat Boxes… all Decked Out for the Holidays!

The Stampin’ Up! Treat Boxes featured on page 159 of the Idea Book and Catalog are a lot of fun to decorate.  Easily put together, they are much larger than you expect them to be!  At 5 to a package for $3.95, they’re also quite affordable!

One of my stamp groups asked if we could do a class using these treat boxes and my answer was “but of course!”…. that was last month.  So, the day before the class I suddenly realized I had to decorate the boxes too.. OOPS!  I hadn’t actually made the boxes, but was walking/talking/creating them all month long… so it was fairly easy to put the ideas I’d formulated to paper. 

Here are MY box design favorites… first one a gingerbread house inspired by Julia Bettencourt and her box #2 gingerbread house.

 

And a second box with a heart punched paper pieced tree…

All supplies are Stampin’ Up! of course… even the retired Kiwi Kiss ribbon on top of the tree box (oops!)

There are five boxes in the package… so tomorrow I’ll share the remaining three designs and the two boxes which the ladies loved most of all..  hope you’ll check back!

Don’t forget… that blog candy is getting closer and closer.  Leave comments to increase your odds of winning, read details on my 11/11/09 post.

See you tomorrow,

Pin It!

6 comments:

jeannen2 said...

Great boxes! I've done a few different things with the boxes but both of your ideas are extremely imaginative -- I'll be case'ing for my customers if that's okay?!

DebbieD said...

I love what you have done with these boxes. The heart tree is the cutest thing. I haven't purchased them yet, but the are definitely moving up on my wish list now. Thanks for sharing.

jmniffer said...

Fun to see the different ways you have decorated these treat boxes. I hadn't seen the heart punch tree before...great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Sandra said...

very cute!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

How do you come up with such wonderful ideas. Once again you have outdone yourself. can't wait to see the other 3. I will definatly check back tomorrow.
Tjank you,
Candy

lisa808 said...

Cute Gingerbread House.