Saturday, November 28, 2009

Punchy Santa Gift Card Holder

This year has really flown by, hasn’t it?  It won’t be long until Christmas is here.. Yikes!  With our children overseas, and family out of state.. Gift Cards and handmade items are going to be the gifts of choice this year!

Segway to the Gift Card Holder:

Just playing around with scraps and rejects on my very cluttered stampin’ room table… and trying to come up with a swap for last weeks’ Downline Team meeting and this guy appeared!

The Kraft Cardstock was crimped and then turned 90 degrees and crimped again to give it the texture shown in the photo… and Santa’s beard was made by punching out an ornament from a finial press embossed sheet of whisper white cardstock.  I used the Designer Label Punch to take a bite from the top of the ornament to make room for Santa’s face.  A whole lot of punches used in a whole lot of ways…

Stamps:  Winter Post, Sanded

Ink:  Old Olive, Real Red

Cardstock:  Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White

Accessories:  Christmas Cocoa DSP, Crimper Tool, Crop-a-Dile Tool, Jumbo eyelets, real red narrow grosgrain ribbon, Finial Press Embossing folder, Word Window Punch, 1” Circle Punch, Ornament Punch, Stampin’ Write Markers, Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Remember the Santa’s Magic Key Ornament Card I posted a while ago?  I did tell you I was going to add something else to the ornament… and I did!  Almost forgot to share the finished Magic Key Card…

Isn’t it amazing what one little dimensional bird can do for an otherwise plain card?  Check out the original Santa’s Magic Key Ornament Card Post… Isn’t this one much better?

See you tomorrow with the Gift Card Holder I made for the Downline Team Meeting Swap last week!

Pin It!

6 comments:

jmniffer said...

Gift cards are tops among the gifts I will be giving too. I like the addition of the 3-D bird to your ornament card. Thanks for sharing.

Rhonda said...

I love it!! Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing!
Rhonda

Sandra said...

oh my! How cute!
Thanks for sharing!
Sandra

lisa808 said...

Cute punchy Santa.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

So darn cute Sharon!!! wow.. wish my scraps would go tog. Like that.. :)) Of course, I always have my daughter's dog, trying to "re-alter" my projects.. you should see how he altered my "dbl slider album" I got from Andrea.. !!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 24. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.