Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pretty Christmas Cocoa Gift Card Holder

Yesterday I shared the Punchy Santa Gift Card Holder… and today I’ll share another gift card holder.  This one was for my downline team meeting swap last week… Each month we have a swap contest, and the team members always pick out my swap right away, so I try to change it up a bit… but they still know it’s mine :(  Can’t seem to fool or trick them!

The gift card holder is made from a 4.25 x 11” piece of whisper white cardstock which is scored at 3”, 5.5” and 8” and then folded to make one mountain, two valleys… kind of like a big W.  The center (smaller) sections are glued together (only along the bottom edge), and a word window punch is used to make a slot in which to insert the gift card.

Stampin’ Up! Supplies

Stamps:  Christmas Punch (hostess Level 2)

Classic Ink:  Soft Suede

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Ruby Red

Accessories:

  • Christmas Cocoa DSP
  • Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon
  • Wide Oval Punch
  • Paper Snips
  • Stampin’ Dimensionals
  • Snowflake Punch
  • Playground Designer Buttons
  • Linen Thread
  • Mat Pack & Piercing Tool
  • Eyelet Border Punch
  • Word Window Punch

Dimensions:

Whisper White Cardstock

  • 4.25 x 11” scored at 3”, 5.5”, and 8”
  • 3/4” x 4” to punch eyelet border
  • scraps to stamp and punch greeting and  snowflake

Ruby Red Cardstock 4 1/8” x 2 7/8”

Christmas Cocoa DSP:  4” x 2.75”

NOW… I know some of you are going to ask how I nested the greeting with the wide oval punch.  I wish I could say I had the perfect size punch to nest with the wide oval but I don’t so… I simply used paper snips to trim around the greeting on the line which was part of the stamp!  Then to hide any disparities I lightly inked the edges of the greeting by rolling in on my Soft Suede Classic Ink Pad…  perfectly nested duo!

The ribbon was not tied using one of the popular fancy tools, instead I opted to use the old ‘bunny ears’ technique which my DH used to teach the kids to tie their shoe laces!  (make two loops aka bunny ears, wrap one around the other, and down through the rabbit hole).  A little snail adhesive on the back side of the bow loops to hold them in place too.

See you tomorrow!

Pin It!

3 comments:

jmniffer said...

I like to make this style of gift card holder. Love how you decorated your...looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Sandra said...

thanks for the directions, good idea!
Sandra
slbt17 at yahoo dot com

lisa808 said...

Very pretty. And, I didn't notice any disparities in your nested ovals!