Monday, November 30, 2009

Last Day Holiday Extravaganza, Blog Candy, and still hoping to hear from DS in Iraq….

header3cbyu Today is the last day to take advantage of the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Extravaganza sale… with items on sale at up to 50% off… you can’t lose!  Be sure to shop my online store HERE for specials today!

Blog Candy is nearing it’s goal.. 205,000 count, and I feel it is very near.  The candy offer was originally posted a couple weeks ago and will be given away when my visitor count reaches 205,000.  I hope you have left daily comments or more to increase your chances, I know Jennifer and Sandy have been in tight competition for the blog candy!  The number will be chosen randomly through random.org when the counter reaches 205,000… be sure to leave a comment to be entered to win!

On a personal and side note, please keep our DS in your prayers.  Garrett (we call him Gary) was deployed to Iraq in early September.  Initially we thought his functions would be similar to the last deployment (desk/air/internet/phone/guards) and have since found out this is not the case.  Gary and his friend Jeff are both in Iraq, working hard at their jobs in the USAF and have had little or no contact with families at home :(  Although we had hoped to hear from one or both of them at Thanksgiving, we did not… and to date have not.  They are both very strong, intelligent, with good heads on their shoulders… but you know when a Mom doesn’t hear, she begins to worry… so does Dad, so does Sis…

I’m working on my one sheet wonder and the Club cards for this week.. and they are turning out quite fun!  I will be sharing them along with some handmade jewelry this week, hope you’ll check back.

Thanks for your prayers, your following, and hugs to you and yours…

Pin It!

7 comments:

Abegaile Valencia said...

Sorry to hear that you still haven't heard from Gary. I know how that feels-they say that "no news is good news" but somehow I don't think the "they" that say it understand how nerve wracking it is to not know what is going on. Keeping Gary and the rest of our troops who are still over there in our prayers!

Trish said...

Saying a prayer that you will find peace while you wait. I know that the time can drag on and on, just keep yourself busy. I do hope that you hear something soon.

Trish in Wisconsin

Pam said...

I can't imagine the feeling of waiting to hear from Gary. My prayers are with you, Gary, and all our heroes serving in the military.

jmniffer said...

Sending positive thoughts your way. Sure hope you hear from your son soon. I don't think a Mom ever stops worrying about her kids. It doesn't matter how mature and responsible they are. It's what we do.

Sandra said...

I will keep you all in my prayers, I can not even imagine the strain.
take care,
Sandra
slbt17 at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

We are praying for our service men and women and their families at home. Hoping you hear good news very soon. tdharris1@cox.net

lisa808 said...

I'm hoping and wishing you receive a call or letter from your son.