Friday, October 16, 2009

Scrap Your Recipes.. Inspired by Angi Holt!

Just Yesterday, I posted a swap received from Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Angi Holt at the Stampin’ Up! Convention in August 2009.  One of my favorites swaps, it featured the Paradise stamp set, and boasted a lot of color, texture, and dimensional elements. 

Today, I’m sharing a Recipe Swap page inspired by Angi’s card! I didn’t have the striped grosgrain ribbon used on Angi’s card… so used DSP instead, crimping it to give it a more ribbon-like appearance.  Needing room for recipes, I used the Paradise stamp set and versamark ink to add texture to the page background, but a die cut maple leaf from Sizzix Leaf Die #2 as embellishment.. take a peek:

Isn’t the leaf cool?  I actually ran it through the Stampin’ Up! Manhattan Flower embossing folder after cutting with Leaf Die #2… and then highlighted the embossed areas (and more) with my Versa Mark Ink Pad.  Similarly, the Chocolate Chip Cardstock along the bottom of the page was run through my Big Shot Machine using the woodgrain plate from the texture plates kit #4, and then Versa Mark Ink was applied.

The texture Plate # 4  woodgrain plate can be used to make fabulous faux rattan too!  In case you missed it, HERE’S A LINK TO THE FAUX RATTAN TUTORIAL.  It’s a really fun technique too!

This is another page which will be featured in this months’ Scrap Your Recipes Class.. be sure to register early, click on Classes & Events at the top of the page for more information!

Here’s a few more close-ups of the page:

See you tomorrow.. with CARD shares!!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Ellen Kemper said...

You clever clever girl! You just have a way with those embossing folders and you are going to make me buy them all before it is all said and done, aren't you?

Love the veins in the leaf! Just LOVE it. Now I'll go check out the tutorial because I did miss it.