Friday, October 2, 2009

Recipe Pages, My Submissions

 

I was so happy to get these done and out the door!  A while back, I joined a recipe swap group… it’s amazing how the date can creep up on you, and of course, like all swaps, it’s a commitment/promise you have made to several others… to do your best work, to follow the guidelines, and of course to get them turned in on time!

This was the ‘extra’ we added to the swap for October… I somehow ended up with the category “Pasta, Rice, and Grains”. 

sept_shares_pics 104

The only stamp set I owned with pasta was from Voila or Voila to Go… it was a plate of spaghetti.  Trying as hard as I could, I just could not make it work… and came up with the divider page shown below… I could have added a plate of spaghetti to the counter top… but I just couldn’t leave a plate of spaghetti sitting out on the counter… :)

Here’s my page for November, featuring an embossed and sponged leaf:

sept_shares_pics 106

And… December, featuring an origami tree:

sept_shares_pics 105

Long story short… I finished the last three commitments and put them in the mail on Monday afternoon… and off to our coordinator they go.  I’m eager to see what I’ll get back in the mail, hope everyone likes my swaps too.

Experience tells me that you are also squinting to view the recipes…  so before you start emailing.. here they are…

 

Now I’m back to business… and off to prepare for upcoming craft fairs and classes!  I’ve got tons of ideas for new cards, a special surprise to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness for the month of October.  I’m also working on a handmade for the holidays gifts and class offerings, and upcoming downline meetings too!  Be sure to check my calendar (tab at the top of the page) for upcoming events, classes, and times!

Parslied Salad with Homemade Croutons

Mix together:

·              8 TBSP light olive oil

·              4 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar

·              1 tsp dried oregano

·              1 tsp ground black peper

·               1 tsp salt

Add, and let stand one hour:

·         6 green onions, chopped

·         2 medium tomatoes, chopped

·         4 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped

Melt in large sauté pan:    ½ Cup light Olive Oil, ½ Cup butter,

2 TBSP dried parsley, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp dried chives

Add to pan:  3 large rounds pita cut into 1” pieces, toss to coat,

and sauté until light brown and crisp.

Chop 1 head iceberg lettuce into bite size pieces

Serve with Croutons and dressing.

Zella Claire’s Holiday Cranberry Salad

Mix together, and refrigerate overnite:

  • ·             1 lb. fresh cranberries, chopped

  • ·              1 pkg. miniature marshmallows

  • ·              1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple

  • ·              1 cup sugar

 

Next day, whip until stiff:

  • ·              1 pint whipping cream

Gently fold into cranberry mixture. 

Freeze completely

Use ice cream scoop to serve

Enjoy, and See you tomorrow!

 

Pin It!

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

I always like your recipe pages.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

These are Gorgeous Pages. Very Lucky Girls that received these!!!