A few weeks ago, playing around with my new shimmer paints from Stampin’ Up! AND… after a bit of experimentation, I came up with a unique way to use these paints to enhance your Stampin’ Up! card stock like never before! Here is peek/ close up of just one card I made using my new formula!
Can you see the sparkle? Plain Very Vanilla and Soft Suede Card Stock were sprayed after stamping the Dasher image with Soft Suede Classic Ink… really cool, isn’t it?
Here’s the finished card… much more sparkly in person…
Here’s another card I made using the same technique/spray for Stamping 411’s Saturday Sketch...
And now, you probably want to know exactly HOW to turn your shimmer paint into a fabulous glimmer spray/mist… AND I’m going to tell you just how I did it too!
- Stampin’ Up! Shimmer Paints* ($5.95 ea.)
- Champagne Mist #116806
- Frost White #116854
- Platinum #116807
- Rubbing Alcohol from the Grocery Store
- Mini Mister (available at your Local Craft Store near the generic inks)
- Card Stock
That’s all you need… Really! *Shimmer Paint is acid free and perfect for porous surfaces such as paper, fabric and wood. Each bottle contains .5oz of fluid. Place an >>order online <<for this new and fun product, and have it delivered right to your door! You’re going to love it!
Already have your shimmer paint, rubbing alcohol, and mini mister? Well, here is what you need to do…
- Remove spray head/straw of mini mister from bottle, and set aside.
- Fill Mini Mister to 1/4” below the screw-threads of the bottle with rubbing alcohol.
- SHAKE shimmer paint vigorously to ensure it is well mixed.
- Carefully remove the lid of the shimmer paint and set aside
- DIP the spray head straw end into the shimmer paint and scrape excess paint off along the top inside edge of the mini mister bottle… it’s ok if it just sticks to the upper part. Rotate to get all the paint off the straw.
- Repeat the last dipping, scraping action 4 more times.
- Insert spray nozzle into the Mini Mister, make sure it is on tightly and that the cap is in place.
- Replace lid on shimmer paint, and set aside
- Shake the filled mini mister vigorously to ensure it is well mixed.
- Place your cardstock on a paper protected surface and spray with the mist.
- The paper will curl when wet… but will relax and flatten when dry.
- Store the mini mister in a vertical position.. I put mine in a coffee cup on my work table.
- The paint will settle/separate from the rubbing alcohol after a few moments… you can view the paint color on the bottom of the bottle. Simply shake to reactivate and make sure there is no paint in the bottom before spraying!
Thanks for stopping by… I know my Christmas Cards are going to be extra sparkly this year, and my friends won’t complain about glitter because it doesn’t rub off! Now isn’t that cool?
Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for ordering your Stampin’ Up! supplies from me, I really appreciate your orders, and my customers as well! Check out my ONLINE STORE for more great Stampin’ Up! supplies too!
I’d love to see your creations using this new technique.. simply leave a comment and link your creation to this post! Can’t wait to see all the lovely projects!