Monday, September 7, 2009

September 6x6 Recipe Swap Group

Have you ever participated in a recipe swap group?  Basically, we each make a pre-determined quantity of identical pages, mail them off to our coordinator, and receive as many pages back.  With the release of My Digital Software from Stampin’ Up!… You’ll be surprised that my Fall themed Page is done the good ‘ole fashioned way…  featuring the Autumn Days Stamp Set.

AA_Recipeswap349u-0u_sept09

The recipe is for Pumpkin Bread… something I used to make in great quantity every fall and winter… but these days we are all on diets, aren’t we?

Starting with the lightest color, the small maple leaf was stamped approximately 7 times around the edges of the recipe with more mustard ink.  Repeat with Pumpkin Pie, Dusty Durango, and Garden Green Ink.  The outside edge of the naturals ivory cardstock was then outlined with a gold paint pen.

You have probably heard all the hoop-la about the new Stampin’ Up My Digital Software… and probably wonder why you are viewing an old fashioned scrapbook page.  Since I ordered my software kind of late, it has not yet arrived… and although I am sure I will enjoy the wonderful simplicity of the new My Digital Software package.. I do enjoy making pages the ‘old fashioned way’ too!

Card Stock:  Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Brushed Gold, Naturals Ivory

Designer Series Paper:  Juntos (retired)

Classic Inks:  Dusty Durango, Garden Green, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke

Punches:  Wide Oval, Large Oval

Sizzlits/Embosslits: Scribbled Swirl/Sweetest Stem

Accessories:  Gold Cording, Sponge Daubers, Gold Brads, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Zig Gold Painty Pen, Printer and Ink, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Big Shot Machine

Stamp Set:  Autumn Days

See you tomorrow.. and have a wonderful Labor Day Holiday!

Technorati Tags: ,,
Pin It!

3 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Nothing like the good old fashioned way......it's done with a lot of love. Anyway I'm waiting for my digital scrapbook to come too so know where you are coming from. I love this recipe page......simply beautiful and the recipe sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

nuts4stampin said...

Beautiful page. I like the feel of real paper. Not sure I'll get the MDS for a while.
Your page would be beutiful for a thanksgiving dinner picture. TFS!

Elizabeth said...

WOW! What a gorgeous page, Sharon! I just love how you stamped the leaves all around the paper in different colors.

Hugs!