Sunday, August 23, 2009

Scrap Pages Part 3- Your 6x6 Recipe Page Class

Here’s the third set of pages for yesterday’s Scrap Your Recipes or Your Life class.  I’m happy to report that everyone finished on time, and LOVED the pages (as a teacher, that’s ALWAYS good to hear).

These pages were a little more intense, with exacto knife cuts, pullouts, and pull-ups.  Lots of places to record your recipes and memories!

6x6aug09sftsdecompanion

Stamp sets used on these pages:  Compliments to the Chef, and Please Come (pull-up).  Once again, using the colors from the Thoroughly Modern DSP collection.  I think they turned out pretty cute, don’t you?

The complimentary page uses the slider technique for a side-ways surprise pull out.  I’ve had this great Classy Brass 5 7/8” “Pick a Petal” Template for years, and thought it was a great compliment to the page. (Item 109542/ $21.95 page 188) The template has piercing holes as well as embossing lines to trace.  To make them all stand out better, I used my Soft Suede Marker to outline the embossing, and paper piercer to pierce the fine inside line of the faux ‘plate’.  Fun!

6x6scrapAugust09 006sftsued2b

As you can see in the photo (below) several parts of this page are removable… lots of places to record additional recipe information and/or memories!

6x6scrapAugust09 006sftsued2a

The ‘fork-knife-spoon’ pull-out is actually 3x5.  I plan to use the back side for my 3x5 recipe card!

This class will be held monthly, and I hope to be able to offer a kit by mail option in the future too.. be sure to watch for updates/info!

Have a wonderful day and a beautiful week!

Pin It!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Love this idea!!!

Aimee said...

You're killlin' me! Love this...you're so creative! :)

Sheilah Neff said...

Love your recipes. Thanks for sharing. Now, I need to buy that stamp set. Ugh! :-) Sheilah Neff