Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Readers Choice Award & Convention ‘09

This is the first year Scrapbooks, etc. has held a Readers' Choice award, and Stampin' Up! has been recognized by the readers of Scrapbook, etc. as the Readers' Choice winner in the stamps category. Stampin’ Up! also received acknowledgement as runners-up in the following categories: card stock, eyelets, ribbon, markers, and ink. For more information, see the August/September issue of Scrapbooks, etc. (pages 34-38).

Will you be amongst the millions following the Stampin’ Up! 2009 Convention? Watch for this logo along your blog hoppin’ way… it will identify new convention posts on my blog as well as on others!

Here is just one of the MANY convention swaps I’ve made this year! It started out as my 5 minute swap card… but then I decided on another design!

conv_09_swap_ht_dp_slf

Stamps:

Happy Together (#114314/$14.95)

A Little Birthday Cheer (#115018/$13.95)

Markers:

In-Color Stampin’ Write Markers (#116329 / $17.95) Paper:

Whisper White 8.5 x 11” (#100730)

Crushed Curry 8.5 x 11” (#115319)

Melon Mambo 8.5 x 11” (#115320)

Bermuda Bay 8.5” x 11” (#115317)

Razzleberry Lemonade 12 x 12” (#115675)

Accessories:

1” Circle Punch (#109046)

1.25” Circle Punch (#104403)

Melon Mambo 1/2” Polka Dot Ribbon (#115611)

Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430)

One roll of the Polka Dot Ribbon has appx. 15 yards, and should yield appx. 60 cards as shown above (if you just used the ribbon as an accent and didn’t do a bow, you’d get more like 90 cards). Of course if you wanted to do more than 46 cards, you’d have to purchase two packs of the Crushed Curry Cardstock. (reserving one sheet for circle punches) The Designer Series Papers in the Razzleberry Lemonade come with two sheets of each design… many of the papers are interchangeable with the card as shown above, so one pack of DSP would do just fine!

Cutting for project as shown above:C

Crushed Curry Cardstock: 5.5” x 8.5” scored at 4.25”

Whisper White Cardstock: 4.25” x 5.25”

RazzleBerry Lemonade DSP: 1.25” x 4.25”

One 1.25” Punch each: Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, and Bermuda Bay Cardstock

The stamps were all colored with the brush end of the Stampin’ Write In-Color Markers. Remember to stamp your little bird images onto Whisper White Cardstock before punching them… so much easier to line up!!

Place an online order during convention week, and I’ll send you a special surprise when I get home too! (Offer good only through Tuesday, August 11th)

Today will be a crazy day.. packing and preparing for my trip to Salt Lake City! This will be my second Stampin’ Up! Convention, it’s so much fun and something I truly look forward to attending, although I’m leaving the husband, kids and animals at home…

I’ve updated my calendar and classes for August… We’re going to have so much fun, beginning with the First Wednesday Card Club which was moved to the Second Wednesday this month (Ooops.. I’ll be at convention!!). Check out my online calendar of upcoming classes and events ***HERE***

I look forward to seeing many of you at Convention ‘09… and others upon my return!!!

Technorati Tags: ,
Pin It!

No comments: