Thursday, August 6, 2009

Convention ‘09 Wings of Friendship

conventionlogo 

I hope you’re not tired of my convention swaps… here’s another one!  This one uses the fabulous Hostess Level III Set “Wings Of Friendship”.  This set is free when you host a workshop or place an order of $500.00 or more!

quickcards_sas039-0 005 Stamps:

     Wings of Friendship (Free)

Card Stock:

     Very Vanilla (#101650 /$7.50)

     Crushed Curry (#115319 / $5.50)

Accessories:

     Crushed Curry Grosgrain Ribbon (#115614 /$9.95)

     Circle Scissors Plus (#112530 /$29.95)

     Scrap of Dark Cardstock or paper (Any Color) 5.5” x 5.5”

     Mini Glue Dots (#103683 /$4.95)

 

This was a fun swap that one of my Down-line (Eva) helped me make while we had lunch in a local restaurant a few weeks ago. 

Card Cutting Instructions and Assembly Notes:

     Crushed Curry 4.25 x 5.5”

     Very Vanilla 5.25” x 8”, scored at 4”

  • I used my Circle Scissor Plus to cut a 3 3/8” circle from the scrap of cardstock.  The cardstock is larger than the card to protect all the areas you do not want to over-stamp. 
  • The circle is then aligned with the front of the card and to the left side (hold up to a light to confirm the alignment).
  • Holding the circle in place with your hand (or with a temporary adhesive), stamp the bird first with Crushed Curry Ink, and then the flourish from the stamp set.  You will notice a small 1/8” margin all around the circle that does not get stamped… and that is ok!
  • Remove the circle protector, and stamp the greeting from the stamp set in the lower right corner of the card front.
  • Next, cut a  2.75” piece of ribbon and glue to the front/left of the card, wrapping appx. 1/4” around to the back.  I glued the ribbon with my tombow multi-adhesive (two way tape)
  • Tie a small bow, and affix to the bottom of the ribbon with a mini glue dot. 
  • The large Crushed Curry piece is mounted on the back of the card fold-over for an accent of color. 

I’ll have one more swap to share… and of course, pictures from Convention ‘09 too!

When I return home, I’m looking forward to sending you a special surprise to thank you for your online orders!  Place your online order ***HERE***

I’m also looking forward to all the fun we will have this month in classes, camps, and workshops!  Be sure to check out my CALENDAR OF EVENTS, and register early!

See you soon!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Sharon - love visiting your blog but wanted to point out that the bird set pictured in this post is a $300 hostess set - not $500 - I know that because I have it and I have not turned in a $500 order for myself this year. Jut thought your customers might be encouraged by the fact that they can earn it with less sales. it is a great set and i love the way you used it. No surprise - in general I love all your work!

Peggy
http://stmapinpegcadillo.blogspot.com

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

You are absolutely correct, Peggy!! Thanks for pointing that out... ROFL it was a very long week!