Friday, July 3, 2009

How To Make Your Own Window Sheet Marker Box, Fun Robot Card

 

A couple weeks ago, one of my down line jokingly came to my home with a new “urinalysis tube”, plopped it down in front of me and said “Design a project around THIS”.  She thought for sure that she had found a challenge that would drive me crazy.  Yet, a few minutes later, I proudly showed her my marker box!  The box holds all of my new “In-Color” Markers, Neutral Markers, Stampin’ Write Journalling pen, and Versamark Pen… all fabulous tools of the trade which normally get stored next to my Stampin’ Up! 48 color markers in a box. 

 

markerboxview2_cbyu

This was really easy to make with 1/2 of the very sturdy Stampin’ Up! Window Sheets.  The thick 12x12 Window sheets come two to a pack and are jus$6.95 (Item #114324).  If you just don’t seem to have new urinalysis tubes sitting around the house, plastic test tubes would work just fine… make sure they are large enough to insert the pens into!  If you don’t have a marker box for your 48 color markers, you could also velcro several of these boxes together… would'n’t that be cool?

Cut the window sheet to 6” x 10.5”

Place the window sheet into your scoring device with the 10.5” along the very top edge.

Score at the following intervals:

1.25”, 5”, 6.25”,  and 10” and fold on all scored lines.

Cut a piece of DSP 6” x 10” and attach to the wrong side of the window sheet using mini glue dots, and fold along all the window sheet scored lines.

Place two lines of red sticky tape onto the 1/2” lip of the window sheet, and set aside.

Now, line up 12 plastic tubes into two rows, and attach them together with mini glue dots (use at least two dots/tube).

Add the big dimensional glue dots to the stacked tubes (in the crevices).

Now, simply wrap the window sheet around your tubes so that the glue dots hold it in place. 

Remove the red sticky tape protective cover, and adhere the box closed!

Here’s another view of the box:

 

 markercaseview1cbyu

 

Here’s a quick card using Lots of Bots (115293 / $19.95) and new In Color Card Stock “Bermuda Bay” along with Cameo Coral and Whisper White Card Stock.  The image was first stamped in Basic Gray Classic Ink, and punched along the edge with the Spiral Punch (108341 / $10.95) for a fun effect!

 

anotherrobot0709cbyu

 

I can’t believe it’s already July!  My birthday is at the end of the month, right after the Royal Blog Tour… so I’ll be offering some incredible blog candy for some lucky reader/follower!  Make sure you check back.. I may just start dropping hints about the candy soon too!

Sharon

Order all these fabulous color coded project materials at my Stampin’ Up! Store.. Createdbyu!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this project. Can't wait to try it out

Leslie Miller said...

Great idea, and cute, too! I think I'm going to need something like this!