Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wings Of Friendship.. Quick Brayered Fun, Sneak Peek

Sneak peek of one of my favorite new Stampin’ Up! Idea Book and Catalog stamp sets which will be available on July 1… to order your new catalog online, simply click on the appropriate button at the top of this blog! 

I love this bird, and all the delicate scrolling flowers and vines!  This was a 2 minute card… really!

wofcbyu200906newcatalog 2009

The large bird image was stamped first with Versamark Ink onto glossy cardstock… and then I simply loaded up my brayer with old olive classic ink and brayered over the versamarked image!  A soft tissue was used to wipe off the excess ink before the words.. “Your friendship means the world to me” were stamped with Always Artichoke Classic Ink.

My card fold-over is in basic black, the mat is in confetti cream card stock, and I used the handy dandy mat pack to align three evenly spaced holes for basic black brads from my vintage brad collection.. mounted on basic black cardstock, and attached to the assembled card base.. DONE!

I did this card using a sketch from Stamping 411.. a new site out there to help stampers learn the basics… you can visit the site HERE.

See you tomorrow with cards from the Quick N Easy Stamp Camp!

Sharon

Visit my Online Stampin Up! Store HERE, to order your stampin supplies 24/7!

Pin It!

11 comments:

Rose said...

Great card, Sharon! Looks so dramatic. I'll have to dust off my brayer and give this a try :)

Robin Merriman said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

StampingSelene said...

Sharon! This is gorgeous! Beautiful Job.

Aimee said...

Very nice job, Sharon! :)

Connie said...

Oh Sharon...you are making me sad that I didn't preorder THAT set! Great job. Thanks for playing along with week!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Great Card Sharon,
Now I wish I had ordered that set!!! Love how the color works with it. Very elegant and the black just makes it pop!
Love it!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh this is JUST LOVELY! I love this technique used with this set!

C@ro said...

This one is awesome!

Sharon Carr said...

Beautiful card! I love how nicely the technique works with the stamp set.

Krista Driessen said...

Hi Sharon, love your submission, you did a great job !

StampingSelene said...

I'm bummed i didn't pick this set after seeing your creation! Thanks for playing along!