Thursday, June 11, 2009

What Was I thinking? 6x6 Recipe Swap!

I am not sure why I agreed to this… I think mostly because there were only 8 people signed up to do the 6x6 recipe exchange.  Eight 6x6 scrap book pages, that’s do-able!  Well, before I knew it the scrap page exchange grew by more than double, and I had committed to many more than 8 pages!  Yikes!!  This is a multi layer exchange, current (new catalog) stamps and merchandise only… and Stampin’ Up! products only.  After several attempts, including one neon yellow (or so it would seem) entry… I finally settled on Kraft and Vanilla card stock for a subtle yet elegant scrapbook page to showcase the new stamp set “Razzle Dazzle” (toTe released July 1, 2009).

I took my design cue from the new Stampin’ Up! Idea Book and Catalog cover, using the sanded background stamp and large almost dutch image from the Razzle Dazzle Stamp Set.  Of course, I cannot show you the catalog until July 1st… but when you see it, you will recognize the stamped images!  You can pre-order your catalog by clicking on “Get the New Catalog” just below my blog title/banner.

So… twenty pages later, here is my 6x6 recipe swap entry… lots of layers, ribbon, and brads.  It will be interesting to see and share what I receive back in the mail… I’m hoping for some really great scrapbooking ideas, recipes, and samples to share!  Hope my swappin’ partners like my page and recipe too!

recipe_swap_whatwasIthinking_cbyu0609

My hands are so sore right now… but I’ve got a lot of more stampin’ to do, see you tomorrow!

Sharon

 

Pin It!

2 comments:

Angi said...

These are really nice, you really did a nice job with them!

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Very elegant/beautiful and so swappable and has my creative self already thinking of card CASE possibilities (a few scrap ones too for a book I'm putting together for myself). The burning question in my mind though is what is the recipe?? What little I think I'm seeing is very tantalizing...any clues you want to drop? I think I'm seeing Quick ?? Lemon Pie. Anything with those three words has got to be good!

Just sign me hungry in Oregon - Jean