Monday, June 29, 2009

Two new cards to share with you… Flores Suaves, and Sense of Time…

I love the Flores Suaves stamp set which is available only in the Spanish Catalog Supplement “Celebrando Creatividad”. The images in the stamp set include a gorgeous long stemmed tulip, an intricate bee, a scripted background stamp, and the graceful butterfly seen on the card shown (below).

flores_cbyu0609suaves

The background on this card is stamped with Crushed Curry Classic Ink using the Pretty Petals Background stamp. I chose it because I could envision the butterfly flitting around a garden, along with all the tiny butterfly images on the background stamp.

The technique used on this card was called ‘masking’… basically I stamped my butterfly on a piece of scrap printer paper and then cut it out. I like to cut out about 1/8' to 1/16”larger than the actual stamped image. The next step is to stamp the butterfly on your Card Stock, and then place the printer paper mask over the identical image. The printer paper is thin, Yet it protects the butterfly image and doesn’t get in the way when you re-stamp the cardstock with the background “script'” stamp. You can do the same thing with a post it note… but I find it just as easy to use printer paper… If you find it ‘moving’ a bit, simply add temporary adhesive such as dotto, and it will be held in place just fine.

This card is a swap made last month by fellow demo Tammy… she used the ‘cracked glass’ technique to distress the clock image from the Sense of Time Stamp Set. The swirls are from the fabulous and fun Baroque Motifs Stamp set… it’s a great set to use for birthdays, weddings, thinking of you… just about any occasion you can think of! Didn’t she do a nice job?

senseoftimebytammy0509cbyu

I’ve got so much on my plate right now, I’m not sure exactly how I’m going to get it all done!! I’m getting ready for the Royal Blog Tour, and my First Wednesday Card Club, and have several wedding favors and menu place cards to complete! First things first, got to finish Sarah’s wedding favors,etc… and then work on the club stuff because they meet on the 1st this month! I know I haven’t updated my classes and schedule for July and really need to get rolling on that too. Please be patient as I complete all my commitments and get back to the business of posting and creating just for YOU!

Thanks a bunch, and see you tomorrow too!

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: