Sunday, June 14, 2009

Razzle Dazzle Sneak Peek Card and Lemony Scrapbook Page

These colors were so bright, I was quite surprised to find this card quite difficult to photograph!  Featuring the new catalog Sneak Peek set “Razzle Dazzle” and Sanded background stamp set, I decided to try my hand at ‘marker thumping’… Kind of fun to do, you simply thump various marker colors onto your solid image stamp starting with the lightest of colors used.  I spent way too much time playing today, will really have to commit to work tomorrow and get ready for this weeks’ technique class!!  We’re doing faux etching and colored faux etching, a technique taught me by my friend Tee.. I know you’re going to love the samples!

411challengecard_0614slfcbyu

A little outside the norm for me, the card also features some of the bright and colorful new “in colors” from Stampin’ Up!, as well as designer paper too.  This year, Stampin’ Up! has decided to make markers in all the in colors too.. YEAH!!! So.. on July 1st, remember to order your new in-color markers with papers, and ink pads too!

Last week I posted a scrapbook page which I made a WHOLE bunch of for a swap… I originally thought I would do the 6x6 recipe page in shades of yellow… to compliment the light lemon pie recipe I was sharing.  After making the yellow page, I did not like it at all.. just too darn bright!  Guess I was in a gray mood… because today, I pulled out the original page and it doesn’t look so crazy after all...what do you think?

lemonpie_scrapbookpageinyellow

Back tomorrow with more sneak peeks… I’m really enjoying this cute little razzle dazzle stamp set.. and will have two more card shares for you too!

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Love the razzle dazzle! Its so bright and fun! Your yellow page is very nice, perfect for a lemon recipe.

StampingSelene said...

i love this super cute card and page! Wonderful job!

Krista Driessen said...

Cute card Sharon ! Great job !

Patti Chesky said...

Wonderful job on both!! I adore the bright colors on the card. Thanks for playing along with us!!

Connie said...

You did great with the new In Colors! Very fun! Thanks for playing this week!

StampingSelene said...

These are wonderful! I love what you did with the sketch! Great job!