Tuesday, June 16, 2009

RAK and a Quick Lemon Pie Recipe

I received this beautiful card in the mail from my newly found online friend Donna… believe me, the photo doesn’t do this card justice, it is even more stunning in person.  It’s kind of a funny story, I first saw this card when Donna shared it online with the Florida Stampers Group, and I was very impressed with it then too! 

In person… the card just shimmers with twinkling H20’s… and I think I missed the golden highlights across the embossed letters, butterfly embellishment at the waist, and especially the deckle edge cut along the bottom of the small black mat on the Cameo Coral card base!  The dress lightly floats across the card…

rak0609donnaelliscbyu

Jean from JFL Studio left me a lovely comment on my 6x6 recipe swap (postal on 6/12).  I do read and appreciate all the comments that are left for me…  Jean wanted to read the recipe on my swap for my Quick N Light Lemon Pie but couldn’t quite make it out.  The pie is actually my adaptation of a Weight Watchers’ Recipe, and doubles quite well as a faux key lime pie, without lime juice!!  So, Jean… and the 1st Wednesday Card Club Ladies who are always asking for the “recipe” of the day, here it is:

 

Quick N Light Lemon Pie

Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees

Mix together: 

14 oz. Low Fat Sweetened Condensed Milk

2 Extra Large Eggs

Stir into the mixture:

3/4 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice

1 1/4 Tbsp Lemon Zest

Pour Mixture into a 9oz. (large) Graham Crust

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, then chill thoroughly before serving.

Serves 8 to 10…

Yum!

See you tomorrow!

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Jean from jlfstudio said...

I thank you, my future club members thank you and my cat Sandy sends her thanks as well (she's a little glutton for this kind of lemon treat). This looks positively delish!! Weight Watchers legal or not I'm making this one as soon as I can lay my hands on the ingredients and let the calories fall where they may. Thanks for sharing the lemony goodness!

Hugs and blessings - Jean