Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Paper Plate Inspired and Fun with Punches and Scraps!

Cleaning up after techniques class last week, I noticed a lone paper plate on my counter and immediately though “That will make a great card!”  So, I whisked the plate away to my stampin’ room and had some fun with scraps and punches!  My friend Debbie (an Accountant) says accounting brains just don’t work that way… good thing I didn’t become an accountant I guess!

Here is the Dixie Plate that inspired my afternoon stamping, the colors are actually Kiwi Kiss and turquoise:

dixieplate_4686cbby0609 

And here is my card in Gable Green and Bermuda Bay!  Now… if you see some lady rifling through the paper plates at the local supermarket, perhaps it will be me!

dixieplatecardcbyu

Working with the paper scraps and punches was fun, so I decided to make yet another card… this time with the oval scallop punch, Cameo Coral, and Gable Green… reminds me of a swimsuit my DD had when she was little.. funny!

bathingsuit_0609_cbyu_0609adf_bathing suit 

The punch at the bottom is layered with the new Modern Label Punch and Magnetic Movers and Shapers exclusive Stampin’ Up! Sizzix Die Cut!  The new Movers & Shapers nest exactly with the Scalloped Oval, Heart, Star, and Designer Label Punches.  All will be available on July 1 with the new catalog release.. pretty cool!

See you tomorrow… Just a few more days until the new catalog release… You can pre-order yours at the top of the page, and it will be sent directly to you!

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Allison said...

What a great idea...love the dixie plate as inspiration! Both cards are simple but innovative.