Monday, June 15, 2009

More Razzle Dazzle Techniques and Cards

As promised.. a couple more Razzle Dazzle Sneak Peek Cards!!  I’ve really got to put this stamp set away for a few days!! 

Yesterday I was watching a Tim Holtz technique video on Perfect Pearls, and decided it was time to revisit my re-inkers!   So.. I dribbled a few drops of Always Apricot onto my Razzle Dazzle Stamp Set BOX… and then spritzed  them with water.  After stirring a bit with a scrap of paper, I placed blush blossom paper atop the mess.. kind of splotchy, hmmm.  So… got out the heat gun, dried the paper, not so bad after all…

Random stamped my favorite image from Razzle Dazzle… and embossed in Gold… and then loaded up my spritzer gun with my NEW SOFT SUEDE MARKER (YEAH!)… and sprayed the cardstock, and then repeated that same action with an old olive marker.  The edges were finished off with more mustard classic ink and a sponge dauber.. kind of cool!  Check out the card:

technique0614card4fun

Here’s a second card… this one stamped with that now infamous sanded background stamp and Razzle Dazzle favorite floral image.  I used a paint brush and chalks to lightly dust the versamarked images.  After dusting the whole card with an embossing buddy, I stamped “Thinking of You” from Sincere Salutations and embossed in gold.  My DD said.. now, THAT card looks just like you!  At the time, I thought “what a nice compliment”… but in retrospect was she telling me I’m faded and old… I guess I need to track her down for clarification!!

 

toy4cheryl_june2009

Well, back to work.. hope you liked my card shares today!!

Sharon

 

Pin It!

2 comments:

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Oh my Gosh - simply stunning Sharon! This would be beautiful on walls and upholstery and so much more. This stamp set really sets off my textile loving self as it is a perfect reflection of many 18th century images in my study books. Your technique for this is perfect too. Yay Tim Holtz. Gotta love his style.

Thanks for sharing the inspiration and creativity - Jean

nuts4stampin said...

Love the first card in this post. I was trying not to buy this set, but now you have made me HAVE to have it. Very nice use of the image. TFS!