Wednesday, June 3, 2009

1st Wednesday Card Club

This is the first Wednesday of the month… and that means I get to enjoy the company of a very delightful group of ladies.  I made lunch, and the hostess brought along the dessert (mmm… cheesecake!)  Although we usually make two projects, this time we made three cards.   And then we waited patiently for the UPS man to bring my new preview catalog and sneak peek pre-order.  Unfortunately, they delivered quite late today, so I had the pleasure of opening the box and touching all the new stuff all by myself!!

So… here are the three cards we made today!

bravoburgundybird_cbyu

 

This card features the bird from “Friends 24/7”.  The colors used are Bravo Burgundy, Basic Black, and Very Vanilla, and the image was stamped with Bravo Burgundy Classic Ink.

 

To bring more contrast to the card, I added an 1/8” boder of Basic Black between the stamped image and Bravo Burgundy layer beneath the bird.

 

The Black and White Gingham ribbon was died using Bravo Burgundy Classic Ink and a sponge dauber… make sure to let it dry for a few moments before attaching to the card or you’ll smear ink all over the place!

 

 

 

 

lifesabreeze_bugsnkisses_cbyu

 

Life’s a Breeze (Item #111175 / 13 pieces /  $31.95) is retiring!!  This set is so much fun, I had to use it in a card for today’s club… Inspired by a convention swap I received last year, the torn edge of the green galore paper is sponged with the same color. 

 

Bright and colorful stamped images from the set are combined with the Bugs and Kisses stamp set and words from “On Your Birthday). 

 

Classic Inks:  Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Green Galore, and Basic Black

 

I took these picture outside… I see one blade of grass snuck itself onto the picture above… I probably should have positioned more grass onto the card just for fun!

 

lejardin_cbyu_boutique

 

One last card… he background layer of Whisper White was stamped with teh Sanded background stamp and Kiwi Kiss Classic Ink.

 

I love the little leaf image from the Le Jardin stamp set… it works well with embossing and faux metal too! 

 

Layers of cardstock include Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White.

 

The word window punch was used to stamp the word “husband” from the Wonderful You stamp set, and a shadow punch of chocolate chip was added behind the word too… neat trick to give it faux dimension.

 

 

 

Hope to see you back tomorrow… I’ll be stamping all day, so should have something fun to share!

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: