Thursday, May 21, 2009

White On White Wedding Card

Actually, White on Shimmery White, that is!  This card popped into my brain as I was flying home from Utah.  Now, people who know me well realize that it probably did just pop into my head… possibly while I was having a conversation with someone, watching the in flight movie, or who knows.  I’m a multi-tasker at heart… and often do a lot of things at the same time.  Yesterday was a really good example.

This is a card I made while waiting for the Comcast Guy to arrive and repair my internet connection… it seems that it ‘broke’ while I was away, and my DH made an executive decision that it would get fixed when I got home and fixed it.  Well, the problem wasn’t the equipment or computer, but an amplifier in the box at the corner of our street!  But it had to wait for me to get home… so I got to make the phone call!  It was a nice day all in all, the cable guy was really one of the smartest and nicest cable people I’ve ever met… that reminds me, I need to call and tell his boss that too!

weddinglilly1

 

Here’s a close-up of the card so you can see the white embossed lilies and leaves, maybe….

closeuplilly

The card is really quite stunning in person… even the Cable Guy loved it!!

Cardstock:  Shimmery White, Basic Black

Stamps:  God’s Beauty (leaves with the lilies), Fifth Avenue Floral (lily image), and Oval All (greeting)

Inks:  Basic Black Classic Ink, Versamark

Accessories:  Large Oval and Scalloped Oval Punch, White Signo Gel Pen, Pretties Kit, Valet Ribbon Originals

 

Well, now I’ve got to make some swaps… hope you liked the card!

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

Angi said...

This is really beautiful! I might have to case this one! TFS and thanks for the inspiration!

Laura said...

This is stunning! I love the white and black combo. This is one of my new favorite sets.

Ret said...

Oh, Sharon, this is really lovely!
What a beautiful wedding card! I love the black & white & the pearl accents. Just GORGEOUS!!!


p.s. glad you're home!!