Thursday, May 14, 2009

Welcome to the May 15th and 16th Blog Tour

You are at Stop # 19, Tour #7, and my blog, Created By You! 

Blog_Tour_05.15.09

This stop of the tour will feature the Stampin’ Up! stamp set “Ocean Commotion” Item # 114423 / set of 4 / $17.95. 
This tour features 20 blogs, each showcasing great projects using items from Stampin’ Up!’s Spring-Summer 2009 Idea Book a& Catalog.  Don’t forget to bookmark your favorite blogs as the links that make up this tour disappear at 12AM  on 5/16!

 

Today, I have two shares for you today… a card and a “Magic Box”.  This “Magic Box'” was really fun to make!  Here’s a closed view of my “Magic Box” inspired by the Coral Reefs of the Florida Keys, and a card share last week by my new friend Michelle ZindorfBeginning with whisper white cardstock, I sponged several different layers of color onto embossed images from the Ocean Commotion Stamp Set, making 5 panels for the outside of the box:

 

OK… so why do I call this a magic box?  Simply slip off the lid…

                                                                     see what the inside has in store for you!

 

And one more close up of the floating center images:

 

Cardstock:  Pacific Blue, Cameo Coral, Whisper White

Stamps:  Ocean Commotion

Classic Inks:  Cameo Coral, Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Basic Black, Versamark

Accessories:  Clear EP, window sheets, exacto knife, paper snips, adhesive

 

The magic box was lots of fun to make… I’d love to show you how, check my upcoming classes and workshops (in my side bar) for the class next month!

Here is the card I’ll share today, using the same stamp set, which I’ve had so much fun showcasing for you!

threeseahorses4 

Stamps:  Ocean Commotion, and Pocket Silhouettes (friend to friend stamp)

Card Stock:  Sahara Sand, Cameo Coral, Whisper White

Classic Ink:  Cameo Coral, Sahara Sand

Accessories:  Large Oval and scalloped Oval punch, 5/16” Neutral Brads, Linen Thread, White Gel Pen

I hope you enjoyed my shares for today’s tour… check back tomorrow and I’ll have more surprises for you.  You’re going to love the Ocean Commotion stamp set so much, you’ll have to own one for yourself!!

Don’t forget… you can order all of the fabulous products featured during this tour at my Stampin’ Up! Online store:  >CreatedByU  Simply Click HERE<

Hope you enjoyed the tour!  I’d love to hear your comments!  Psst… don’t forget to bookmark this site, and other favorites sites along the way!

Sharon

Pin It!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh MY Goodness.. I think this is the most beautiful box I have ever seen! I'm checking your calendar for classes, can't wait to make this box!!!

Sue said...

Hi Sharon, WOW I love the magic box! how cool it that!Your card is great too. I will have to try the box for sure! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog tour projects, much appreciated. TFS

Shiozaki Beach girls said...

So beautiful! You've got to do a tutorial on this!

Latenightstamper said...

I'm trying to sneak in a few extra hours of blog hopping while my family watches a movie. I LOVE your cards you do great work. so happy to be friends with such talented stampers, sherrill Graff

Draygonflies said...

Do I need to say it? Please please please bring this box on the 21st as a show and tell! I love love love it!

"We're not worthy!"

Tee

Jennifer Holliday said...

Hi Sharon - thanks for your comment! You have lots of great ideas too! I am so glad I had a chance to stop by tonight. I LOVE this box! It reminds me of the beautiful ocean paintings by Wyland in Hawaii.
~Jennifer Holliday

Joyce Spear said...

OMG! All these projects are great, but the Magic Box is AWESOME!! I'm not usually a fishy kind of person, but you've got me looking at that stamp set. I'm standing by for a magic box tutorial... !

suAnn said...

I must confess---I've made 3 of these boxes, but this is the nicest one I've seen. I've loved this set since the IBC came out. Thanks for show & share! Another great tour.

Ret said...

Holy Cow Sharon!!! This is just fabulous! What a gorgeous surprise box!!! I want to learn how!! I so wish i lived closer & could attend your class!!! arghhhhhhhhh!!! Beautiful work, Sharon, just beautiful!!!!

Lucia said...

Sharon: This is breathtaking. I'll have to come back to this one again. Thanks for your contributions to the blog tour.

KelliStamps4U said...

Very nice. I just love your magic box layout :)

sandi said...

wow, that box project is simply amazing, what an awesome job. I love that stamp set too.

Teri said...

Wow! I'm blown away by your box. SOOOOOOO soft on the eyes. Beautiful!

KJ said...

That box is AMAZING! WOW!!

Elaine said...

Love the Magic box. Beautiful job

Ret said...

Hi sharon, I forgot to tell you that I really liked your card! It's very pretty! Thanks for such a beautiful stop on the tour!

lisa808 said...

Wow--beautiful!

Nancy Legate said...

AWESOME! Great Job! Love that magic box! Thanks for Sharing :)