Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Simply Layered and Sponged

I’m still in Utah, and trying to find stamping time… I’ve been working steadily today on upcoming Late Night Stampers Blog Tour surprises… and almost forgot I needed to make a card to post today too!!  YIKES!

Yesterday, I became aware of some sort of error appearing on my blog when you click a picture… I called Norton and they said it was a google/picassa/blogger issue.  Blogger took their system down this afternoon, hopefully they have fixed the ggpht thing that some of you may have seen pop up…. I run virus scan on my computer every single day, and Norton even verified it’s not really me giving you that error, so hopefully the people at google resolved it this afternoon!

This simple layered and sponged card was made using the En Francais Background stamp, the Branch Out Stamp set, and Valet Ribbon.  It was a very fun and quick card to make too.  I don’t have my light box along, so had a little trouble acquiring a good photo as the sun was sliding down the horizon… but I’m sure you can figure out which parts are the card, and which are shadows!

cbyu3287307tree513o9

The very vanilla card stock was stamped with close to cocoa ink using the en francais stamp set, and then I stamped the tree from “Branch Out” using Chocolate Chip Classic Ink.  I kind of hopped the stamp a bit… and considered re-stamping but decided I liked the double stamped image.  (I could have told you I did that on purpose hmmm.. )

Using a torn sheet of notebook paper, I sponged the bottom of the card with Kiwi Kiss Classic Ink.  The outside edges were sponged with Baja Breeze Classic ink to give a hint of sky.

I tied a quick valet ribbon bow, and layered the main card onto a base of close to cocoa card stock.

In between card making and project construction today, I also got to play physical therapist and nurse to my son.  He’s not very eager to do all the exercises he must do to regain strength in his quad and knee…  and not too happy with me at times for making him push himself... but a Mom’s got to do what a Mom’s got to do.  He is enjoying home cooked meals, perhaps more than he should!  It’s nice being here, the weather is beautiful… but I do miss my home!

I know you’re going to love all the projects and special items I’ve made for the upcoming Late Night Stampers Blog Tour… so be sure to check back.

See you tomorrow!

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Draygonflies said...

Oh oh oh! My favorite yet! Love it so much! Hope you are having a great time!

Tee

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Gorgeous card Sharon. I love the layers of image and stamp.

Hugs and blessings - Jean