Sunday, May 17, 2009

Side Step Card ala Yvonne Metz

Well, I just had to do it…. I saw Yvonne Metz’s side step card, and just had to try one of my own! 

treestairstep93709cbyu

 

IThe side step card is  a variation of a step card Jackie Topa & Kate Wilson’s original design and it’s really quite unique!  Yvonne’s website and directions may be found on her site Yvonne’s Stampin’ Place.  I chose to use the cute little stamp set from the Idea Book and Catalog page 100 called “Branch Out” (item #113200/ set of 8 / $22.95).  The words are borrowed from the Friends 24/7 stamp set ( page 81 / item #113218 / set of 6 / $25.95) and of course the offset stamped image behind the tree is En Francais large background stamp(page 129 / item # 109521 / $17.95).  I’m going to have to make more of these cards, it was so much fun to make, and Yvonne’s directions are excellent too… After all, she IS the Queen of Stair Step Cards!

Stamps: Branch Out, Friends 24/7, En Francais

Card Stock:  Close To Cocoa, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla

Classic Inks:  Close To Cocoa, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze

Accessories:  Ticket Corner Punch, Vintage Brads, Sponge Daubers, mat pack, To the Nines Textured DSP

I’ll be travelling back home tomorrow… it will be nice to sleep in my own bed again, hug my sweet patient husband, and get back to ALL my stampin’ supplies!

Thanks for visiting, and hope you enjoy Yvonne’s tutorial too!

Sharon

Order these wonderful Stampin’ Up! products and more at my ONLINE STAMPIN’ Up! Store 24/7

Pin It!

6 comments:

Yvonne Metz said...

OMG!! You did good Sharon! Love it! Really like the colors you used! Oh and yes you'll be addicted I promise! You'll be wearing a tiara with me! ; )

MJ said...

This is so fun! Thanks for the link I am gonna try this. Beautifully done.

lisa808 said...

Neat card!

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Lots of fun Sharon.
Thanks for the link to tutorial. Yvonne's and Jackie's are great.
Now I just have to get my hands on this stamp set.

Hugs and blessings - Jean

njburk said...

Love your side step project! Nola

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Love Yvonne, Jackie and the gang.. what great projects they come up with.. of course, you all know that Yvonne has become the new queen of side steps, right? (thanks to her wonderful mentors)... she really has inspired me beyond my first side step card.. hmmm it was a long time ago...

Thanks to all of you!