Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Really Great Guy Card For Any Occasion

This was another card I made while staying in Utah… Using the Friends 24/7 Stamp Set, which I have really grown to love!  This card was crying for Chocolate Chip Card Stock… but, since my supplies were limited, I had none!  I played around awhile with the supplies I had on hand, and this is what I came up with… What do you think?

bird34729839cbyu

I LOVE the Ribbon Originals Dress Up Pkg. Riding Hood Red Ribbon used on this card… it’s kind of a wavy taffeta with rich tones, and a beautiful hand.  TIP:  Remember, when working with wider ribbon, to tie knots and/or bows loosely… gathering them too tightly will cause an imbalance between the knot/bow and ribbon sides.  You may not be able to see it too clearly, but the background was stamped with close to cocoa classic ink and the Sanded background stamp… adding a lot of texture to an otherwise plain background.  I used my mat pack to perfectly pierce the holes in the upper left corner of the card.  The mat pack is an invaluable tool for punching perfectly spaced holes, placing brads, eyelets, or other embellishments and can even be used as a guide to do dry embossing with your Crop-A-Dile.

Stamps:  Friends 24/7, Sanded

Card Stock:  Close To Cocoa, Sahara Sand, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White

Classic Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, VersaMark

Accessories:  Sweet Slumber Specialty Textured 12x12 Designer Series Paper; Ribbon Originals “Dress Up” Package, Close to Cocoa Corduroy brads and buttons, linen thread, glue dots, mat pack.

Sharon

Great Stampin’ Up! products available online 24/7 simply click HERE.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Ret said...

Oh how perfect for a guy card!! It's perfect for anyone, but very suitable for a man. It's really nice, I like your color combo!